Diamond Select Back to the Future Mr. Fusion replica BTTF

Hi, I know this thread is getting old but did anyone ever find out if it was possible to remove the Mr Fusion from the DS lid to replace it with a real Krups and if it was, did anyone ever make a filler plate to fill the gap left by the inaccurate Krups, just wondering?

Last edited:
Hi, I know this thread is getting old but did anyone ever find out if it was possible to remove the Mr Fusion from the DS lid to replace it with a real Krups and if it was, did anyone ever make a filler plate to fill the gap left by the inaccurate Krups, just wondering?
I just bought one of these replicas. I can confirm that there are screws under the lid which look like they would give you access to remove the Mr Fusion. I say "access" since I don't think they are screwed directly into the Mr Fusion. They're just holding the base of the lid in place, but I'm sure the screws securing the Mr Fusion in place would be exposed if that panel was removed. I'm afraid I didn't fancy trying it but may give it a go one day...

I just bought one of these replicas. I can confirm that there are screws under the lid which look like they would give you access to remove the Mr Fusion. I say "access" since I don't think they are screwed directly into the Mr Fusion. They're just holding the base of the lid in place, but I'm sure the screws securing the Mr Fusion in place would be exposed if that panel was removed. I'm afraid I didn't fancy trying it but may give it a go one day...

Hi, thanks for letting me know. I also have one of these on the way and I already have a converted Krups, which is why I asked the question. Might just give it a go when it arrives. If it can be done I will update this thread. Cheers John

i've had this bookmarked for months....I know the flux capacitor is worth avoiding....but what was the over all consensus on this one?
Is it worth $300's?

I just snagged a DST Mr. Fusion from Gary Weaver. Sliiiiightly off top question: I'm looking for a prop banana peel to display it with, but I'm having the hardest time hunting one down online. Where would you guys suggest? There are plenty of artificial WHOLE bananas, but no peels.

I snagged a vintage Miller High Life can from eBay easily.

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 3.08.17 PM.png
s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• backfuture2020.jpg
    backfuture2020.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 145
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I just snagged a DST Mr. Fusion from Gary Weaver. Sliiiiightly off top question: I'm looking for a prop banana peel to display it with, but I'm having the hardest time hunting one down online. Where would you guys suggest? There are plenty of artificial WHOLE bananas, but no peels.

View attachment 651678
View attachment 651677

dude we are in the same boat. i can't find a fake banana peel ANYWHERE.... if you find one please share. i gave up looking months ago...

dude we are in the same boat. i can't find a fake banana peel ANYWHERE.... if you find one please share. i gave up looking months ago...

Dayam! Well if one exists, there's gotta be one at a prop house here in LA. I'm on the case.

I wonder if markpoon has any ideas too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dayam! Well if one exists, there's gotta be one at a prop house here in LA. I'm on the case.

I wonder if @markpoon has any ideas too?

i mean i looked for months, eBay searches, google image searches i couldn't find a dang thing. i was amazed there is nothing out there. the closet i found was fake bananas you would put in a fruit basket and keep on the kitchen table. but its solid... i also found dog chew toy banana but again it wasn't peeled.. i got to the point i went to michaels crafts and asked if they had anything i could spray on a real banana to keep it in the semi rotten state... no luck

i mean i looked for months, eBay searches, google image searches i couldn't find a dang thing. i was amazed there is nothing out there. the closet i found was fake bananas you would put in a fruit basket and keep on the kitchen table. but its solid... i also found dog chew toy banana but again it wasn't peeled.. i got to the point i went to michaels crafts and asked if they had anything i could spray on a real banana to keep it in the semi rotten state... no luck
d1069a36ceaa54db66517a05fc6034f1.jpg

Make one... Or commission some one too.

Couldn't be too hard to sculpt. Sculpt it out. cast in in silicon or latex, include some wire embedded in the rubber cast to shape as desired. Bob's your Uncle.

Or even cast an actual peel, if possible (freeze it first?).

You could get some kind of thick rubber and melt it around a real banana and make cuts on it as if were peeled. Then paint it. Of course, some things work better in theory than in practice.

Last edited:
Make one... Or commission some one too.

Couldn't be too hard to sculpt. Sculpt it out. cast in in silicon or latex, include some wire embedded in the rubber cast to shape as desired. Bob's your Uncle.

Or even cast an actual peel, if possible (freeze it first?).

My painting skills aren't great, so I don't think it would turn out how I wanted. I just figured there would be an off the shelf item that would be easier to get.

i've had this bookmarked for months....I know the flux capacitor is worth avoiding....but what was the over all consensus on this one?
Is it worth $300's?

Its obviously worth owning when you're a huge bttf fan..

But is it worth the price tag ??

Nah dude its not...

I bought mine with 10% off and that is still a rip off for what you get..

And yeah the flux is a piece of shhhhh..

How can you not even nail the correct color even hey...

View attachment 651678
View attachment 651677

You used to be able to get joke banana skins years go at novelty joke shops but I can't find any of those now. The closest thing I have found to it are these novelty banana stress relievers on ebay. They seem to be made out of foam rubber or similar so I would expect that with a little skill with an exacto knife you could turn one into just the skin.

s-l1600.jpg

You used to be able to get joke banana skins years go at novelty joke shops but I can't find any of those now. The closest thing I have found to it are these novelty banana stress relievers on ebay. They seem to be made out of foam rubber or similar so I would expect that with a little skill with an exacto knife you could turn one into just the skin.

View attachment 652056

...interesting....

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back