RIP Danny Wells, star of Super Mario Super Show

The show was corny but it sure fit the mario storyline back then. I have the entire series on dvd but oddly they didn't include the Zelda cartoons, those were separate. To me he and lou where the perfect mario and luigi.

They were great. Then one day it was revamped with two young, hip, street smart guys hosting it....and it dropped off the TV quickly thereafter.

I agree with you guys. I loved the show too when I was growing up. RIP Mr. Wells. You will always be the live-action Luigi. :*(

Damn! :(

Back in the 70's I could'nt flip a channel with out seeing him on the tube.

Fond memories of that show when I was visiting family in NY state (I don't think we got the show in Canada). RIP

Last edited:
I was deeply saddened to hear of Dannys passing. As cheesy as the show was its still one of my favorites. They released the set in Australia and it included some of the missing live action segments that weren't released over here. Sadly they didn't included the Legend of Zelda episodes on that set, much like the US release. If anyone is interested in owning the set for collectors sake you can get it here: Buy Super Mario Bros: Collector's Set on DVD-Video from EzyDVD.com.au

On a different note can anyone help me identify the exact style of hats Danny Wells and Captain Lou wore on the show? Mario and Luigi SMBSS 1.PNG

Man this blows...:(

When I was still working at toys r us overnight we'd watch this show on our breaks. Cheesy, but in the good-memories way....

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back