Mark V Hybrid Halo Master Chief Armor ~ Pepakura ~ In Progress

HaloArmorer

Hello All,

I am starting this thread in hopes of getting good feedback. I started a similar thread on a different site and it kind seems to have gone un-noticed. So, I am hoping to get some good info on my current project. And I am hoping to get some good feedback from this community.

I am building the Master Chief Mark V Armor using the Pepakura method. I say Hybrid in the description because I am using a slightly different variation of the Mark V Helmet and by the time I get to bondo I might change a few things. But anyways, if anyone is actually interested in my progress I will post pictures.

I need help:
I am currently working on my 5th helmet. Yes, I said 5th. The first 2 were too small so I scaled up, well that came out WAY too big, so I scaled down and it came out exactly the size of my head. So, now I am currently building my 5th and im hoping it will be the right size. Does anyone have any tips to help with the scaling process of these pepakura helmets? I know its primarily trial and error, but is there any kind of tip or shortcut I can use to help so I don't go through so much paper and time?

Where am I at currently with the project?
Currently I have just about one full side of the armor pep'd. I have the chest piece fiberglassed and part of one of the shoulder fiberglassed. I have one thigh piece with one coat of resin.

I decided to just get all the armor built instead of doing it piece by piece. So that why some of it is in the pep stage and some of it is in the fiberglass stage.

Do you think I should completely finish a single piece or should I do all the pieces together? (Painting is not an issue --- read further)

My plan:
My plan is to fiberglass and bondo the whole suit. I will finish it off with hydrographics and I am going to go for a gloss finish to make the armor look brand new rather than weathered. The weathered look is cool and all but I want to showcase the Master Chief's armor as it were brand new and it seems like everyone always does weathered. I am going to do the suit in a dark metallic blue with black carbon fiber overlay. I haven't decided if I should do the whole suit with the carbon fiber overlay or if I should do just the details in the carbon fiber. Details such as, the stripes you see on the armor, basically all the accents.

Please let me know what you guys think and if I should post my pics of my progress! Thanks!!!

Well this sounds absolutely amazing but I WANT PICTURES :p. But seriously from the sound of it you're doing an amazing job and it would be awesome to see the progress so I say yes to you posting some pictures :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back