Affordable boots?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SmilingOtter @ Mar 14 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]1440211[/snapback]</div>
If I'm wrong, I pre-emptively apologize, but wasn't it the folks at Grand Prix that got really bitchy when some folks admitted that they were getting their boots for Star Wars costumes rather than the equestrian purposes?
[/b]

Now I have to order from them and tell them exactly what I plan to do.

Yeah:
I need these jodphurs for Stormtrooper boots. I am going to paint them white, they will never go near horses as I am quite scared of them. :lol

Oh and,
Why is it all the good boots are in England.?

The Sportsman's Guide sometimes has great deals on boots under their military surplus section. I got a gorgeous pair of Russian Officer's boots for $40 that needed a bit of work to be comfortable but otherwise looked as good if not better than boots that cost three times as much.

The only problem is what they have fluctuates very frequently, but is just a neat store in general to peruse.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rhett Thanas @ Mar 15 2007, 12:25 AM) [snapback]1440366[/snapback]</div>
The Sportsman's Guide sometimes has great deals on boots under their military surplus section. I got a gorgeous pair of Russian Officer's boots for $40 that needed a bit of work to be comfortable but otherwise looked as good if not better than boots that cost three times as much.

The only problem is what they have fluctuates very frequently, but is just a neat store in general to peruse.
[/b]

That's where I got my Han boots from when they went on sale for like $20, and I couldn't be more pleased with them. "Used" East German military boots that looked brand new. B)

To save money I bought some really nice ankle high leather boots on sale from Sears for $60 that looked perfect, but were only ankle high. No one can ever see that they are short thanks to shin armor and capes. But they are very comfortable and I was in 3 Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans, lots of walking, my feet were fine. Try to find a quality pair of leather boots, your feet will thank you. Also I brought my inserts to try them on and found that a size bigger was a better fit. Good Luck.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rhett Thanas @ Mar 14 2007, 10:25 PM) [snapback]1440366[/snapback]</div>

[/b]

Can you provide a direct link? I can't get there website search engine to work right for some reason.

thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loganallenwolf @ Mar 15 2007, 01:19 PM) [snapback]1440680[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rhett Thanas @ Mar 14 2007, 10:25 PM) [snapback]1440366[/snapback]

[/b]

Can you provide a direct link? I can't get there website search engine to work right for some reason.

thanks.
[/b][/quote]

This is the page you will find boots on when they carry them: Military Surplus Footwear. They do not currently have any in-stock, but as I said before their inventory tends to fluctuate pretty often so its best to check back.

You might also try emailing their support and getting an estimate when they might be getting officer-style boots in stock again.

There's also a new custom leather footwear seller on eBay called TheLeatherBoutique. They are similar to Motorcowboy in that everything is custom made to your measurements. But their prices are much lower ($150 for Mal Reynolds boots) and they are willing to make changes to color and details. I messaged them, and am waiting to hear back, about modifying their $150 WWII German Officer Boots into Han boots.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(defyitall @ Mar 16 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]1441497[/snapback]</div>
There's also a new custom leather footwear seller on eBay called TheLeatherBoutique. They are similar to Motorcowboy in that everything is custom made to your measurements. But their prices are much lower ($150 for Mal Reynolds boots) and they are willing to make changes to color and details. I messaged them, and am waiting to hear back, about modifying their $150 WWII German Officer Boots into Han boots.
[/b]

Hey,
So what did he say?

He said any change can be made if you win the auction. Jury's still out on their build time and customer service as I've heard some bad stuff.

Would that boots work for Luke Skywalker ROTJ costuming? As read on Jedi-Academy.com, the boots for Solo and Luke share same link redirected to other site.

Yep. They both wore black flat topped riding boots. Luke's were more of a traditional Spanish style riding boot. His have a slightly higher outside edge on the top. Whereas Han's were German Officer's boots and were flat on top.

But black riding boots, modified with a flat top, will work for both Han, Luke, even Imperial Officers.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back