Dead Space "Black Marker" + various scratch-built ancillary props - NEW PICS PAGE 3!

Re: Dead Space "Black Marker" + various scratch-built ancillary props NEW PICS PAGE 2

You should make a few of the green boxes Isaac stomps on. the ones that break open and have heath and stuff in them.
that would be sweet:D

Re: Dead Space "Black Marker" + various scratch-built ancillary props NEW PICS PAGE 2

You should make a few of the green boxes Isaac stomps on. the ones that break open and have heath and stuff in them.
that would be sweet:D

i'll keep that in mind!

nearly have the rest of the walkway completed, i think i'll grab some primer tomorrow and spray the parts up.

Cool :)
i cant wait to see this completed this is my favorite build on here!!

oh, i've got a large update in the works. haven't had the weather to paint recently, but i spent the time doing some other related stuff that has worked out really well...

next update will probably be sunday or monday. i got slightly sidetracked with saints row 4, it's really really awesome*

*not my video, but shows my reaction pretty damn well :lol

update 7: you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need :lol

so earlier in the thread i was talking about power converters (gotta head to tosche station for that, lol) and i hit upon an idea to get my 12 volts power source down to the 4.5 needed for the LEDs and cold cathode lamps. i had the circuit that would do that, but the transistors tend to get pretty hot at load, and putting that inside a piece of the foam base is a recipe for disaster.

solution: stick the power converter circuit into a structure along with a fan, and make it all seem like it fits in the Dead Space universe...

so here's how that went:

started out with just a small simple sheet of styrene, scored and broken:

K3Gr0km.jpg

then built a framework for the power converter circuit board and fan - you can see the aluminum heat sink, the fan, and a few orange lights i strung in on the 12 volt side to give the whole thing a little oomph, visually.

XczwIy7.jpg

jIBoRIL.jpg

placed all the lights in a row so the interior of the 'generator' would be lit evenly...

qOPaZ02.jpg

added a backplate vent:

BgOYVi1.jpg

yuPppx7.jpg

then started adding in those styrene strips i cut out earlier:

nHOgAxO.jpg

RFHmxCG.jpg

final result: a power generator with working ventilation, and a sinister glow from within, shining out from characteristic Dead Space ribbing.... :thumbsup

ylte00T.jpg

i1bINd5.jpg

2bApW3L.jpg

Q8CplYR.jpg

sDCI42S.jpg

slapped some paint on it, it's not weathered at this point and i'm not happy with the overall shininess of it, but i'll knock that down during the weathering process.... also added a few greeblies

9iwiIp1.jpg

Thxfk9u.jpg

and here it is, powering the cold cathode lights!

EOweENt.jpg

i really like how it seems like there's some violently hot reaction going on inside. :lol

next update should have more stuff on the walkway....depending on if the weather lets me paint. :p

Re: Dead Space "Black Marker" + various scratch-built ancillary props *ninja update!*

Now that's genius at work that is. This build is going to be phenomenal :thumbsup

Re: Dead Space "Black Marker" + various scratch-built ancillary props *ninja update!*

thanks, folks!

i picked up some tubing today, it'll be integrated into the scene later on after the base is finished.

You need to stop teasing me. LOL just kidding.
Looking good! done any more on the marker yet?

i've actually done a bit more - i only have the tips left. as it tapers down, it gets harder to get those folds to sit right, so it's slow. :p

i've actually done a bit more - i only have the tips left. as it tapers down, it gets harder to get those folds to sit right, so it's slow. :p

Looking forward to this build. Love DeadSpace!

little bit more, loving how the light filters down through the grating :D

4xfJ2Cd.jpg

This is absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see the final product.

amazing and detailed work man. great stuff. loving everything so far. now i wish i had played the game :/

amazing and detailed work man. great stuff. loving everything so far. now i wish i had played the game :/

hey, it's not too late, ya know! the whole series goes on sale on a pretty regular basis - usually you can pick up the first game for 5 bucks on Steam. ;)

Amazing!!! I love this build, almost as much as i love the game:lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back