Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

The new poster is out for next weekend's appearance!

5JicKIa.jpg

5JicKIa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This just in -

Awwww... this little battler Zeke, is the one who got me all misty under my faceplate. What a brave little man!

https://starlight.org.au/what-we-do/our-stories/kids-teens/zeke

The 2018 Starlight Children's Foundation fundraiser at Zing Pop Culture in Tuggeranong, Canberra this weekend - was a huge success with the Iron Man suit! The kids loved it! I think a few adults went a bit nuts too.... :p

I couldn't have done it without the endless patience and generosity of these two blokes, James and Shane, who do all the electronics, lugging the boxes of equipment in and out of venues, bolting me in and out of the suit and crowd control for me.
MY034B5.jpg

2zA5Byd.jpg

My boy came and visited his dad too!
FWvADrA.jpg

And Batman!
Hr5AsAo.jpg

Young Jedi Rey. :D
b4x7ifG.jpg

The gang from Zing.
8XsEWHY.jpg

This was James' idea in the local cinema foyer.
4VlDgCS.jpg

To top it all off, the tough little guy, Zeke, whom we visited in hospital some time ago, is doing well now and couldn't wait to come down and pay Iron Man a visit! I was so stoked to see him there and get a photo with him! Awesome kid!

"The boy and his hero... Iron Man, you really have made a huge impression on Zeke.... As sick as he was (and he was so very sick) in hospital, he still remembers you coming to see him. And I’ll never forget it
2764.png
❤️.

Thank you Baz and team."

Zeke's Mum.

elAL6ie.jpg

gzyGcSW.jpg

MY034B5.jpg

2zA5Byd.jpg

FWvADrA.jpg

Hr5AsAo.jpg

b4x7ifG.jpg

8XsEWHY.jpg

4VlDgCS.jpg

2764.png

elAL6ie.jpg

gzyGcSW.jpg

Baz, you are a Saint.. The looks on the kid's faces are priceless.
As a father of two I am so thankful every day that they are healthy. I cannot imagine what some of these families are going through. For you and your friends/family to take the time to help give these families just a few minutes where they can forget what they are dealing with and have some fun is priceless. If you ever make to the Boston area here in the States, there is a round on me with your name on it.

Thanks everyone for your kindness, advice and encouragement.

Baz.

- - - Updated - - -

Edited thread title to tie all my builds together. Hopefully I can offer inspiration, advice and encouragement to others.

Another Iron Man gig for sick kids complete! Tonight, we visited Ronald McDonald house at the Canberra Hospital. There weren't many kids, but the few who were there got a surprise! We weren't allowed to take any photos, but hopefully some of the mums and dads might be willing to share some later. Special thanks to Shane and Patrick for being my Iron Man roadies tonight, and Zee from Teetalk for the new Iron Man/Baz Industries T-Shirts.

Convoy for Cancer Families is on this Sunday in Canberra. Trucks and Motorcycles drive the route, raising money for these families in need. The convoy ends at our showgrounds, where stalls, personalities and concerts are held for the rest of the afternoon. Iron Man included!

Flat chat tonight. Gearing up for Sunday at EPIC! 12 Noon until 3pm.

Checking the suit, making adjustments. Charging batteries and systems checks. Washing the stinky sweaty undersuit!

I've been on a crash diet for the last week and lost 3 kg. Every 100 grams I lose makes the suit more comfortable. Haircut done, to fit my rude lookin' melon into the helmet and shaving the man-beard off tonight. A new Baz for a few days.

New stickers thanks to my mate Ken!

Baz.

HopDFee.jpg

g5NX3hE.jpg

mqr5mKn.jpg

Awesome sight again.Good luck with things to come !
As the strawberry seller said from whom Tony Stark bought a box of fruit in Iron Man II: "We believe in you!" (y)

Your charity work is inspiring. So wonderful to bring some happiness into those children's lives. Just an incredible use of your excellent work. Won't the Viper be hard to get into the hospitals when it's done?

Today's Cancer Convoy was just freakin' AMAZING! Hundreds of trucks and motorcycles honking their horns right across the district to raise money for a great cause.

My crew and I had difficulty getting into the showgrounds in Canberra, even as we were part of the organised displays, but the police turned us around a couple of times, so in the end we joined the convoy to make it to the gate we needed.

Once inside, we set up our dressing studio and my two team roadies, James and Peter, got out the rattle guns and bolted me into the suit.

We got absolutely MOBBED all afternoon. Kids and adults alike, lining up, high fives and fist bumps, getting photos with Iron Man. Bands were playing Johnny Diesel bashed out a few tunes and lots of other entertainment, food and markets.

Big day. I'm stuffed.

Baz.

25Akhoi.jpg

Image above credit James Mouat.

oSjVfQA.jpg

p9CbtEn.jpg

My two roadies, James and Peter. James is responsible for all the electronics wiring and coding in the suit, while Peter has been my IT rock for years, hosting my builds website and solving a myriad of challenges for me when I break the internet.

U3QT2G9.jpg

HZt740s.jpg

After our Iron Man appearance on Sunday for the Rise Above Cancer Convoy, the official total raised has been announced.

"Rise Above CEO Melissa has just announced the total from Convoy 2019, with the help of the amazing Canberra Region, this year we raised a total of $378,316.54, this money will go directly to people in the Canberra/Queanbeyan area who are fighting cancer."

Last Thursday night at Palace Electric cinemas for Avengers Endgame. Camp Quality charity night for kids affected by cancer, up to the age of 13. Big thanks to my mates Shane and James and , my faithful and stoic roadies, who help make this work. Thanks to Camp Quality for inviting the Builds By Baz team.

3soJdOl.jpg

PulCisG.jpg

r9zmAcO.jpg

NVrjzP0.jpg

C4CzmJ0.jpg

wx4yZea.jpg

x0Tomra.jpg

sandbagger Not sure whether this has been asked before or if it would make any sense at all,since you have multiple projects running and a family to provide for,but since your crew is always with you and what you do involves Marvel comics,have you perhaps thought of creating suits for your mates as well? A Warmachine (in steel :cool:) and Captain America as seen in the movies since you have a military background? It would seem to me that this could only generate more donations for your cause.
Just a thought that came to mind.Keep up the good work!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back