Anyone big into listening to soundtracks?

I used to have quite a few soundtracks on cassette but never replaced them on CD or MP3 although I do grab certain songs. I just got a rerecording of the BTTF trilogy soundtrack that has some of the more popular songs on it. It was cheaper than the set they put out when BTTF 3 came out. I used to have a ton of videogame soundtracks too but sold them off.

This thread needs more "Interstellar" music. Been listening to that soundtrack constantly since the movie came out.

Do you have the deluxe edition? There are quite a few more tracks than what the initial album release had.

It's definitely an awesome score.

I don't listen to "soundtracks" like your talking about but I"ll get into some tv series' soundtracks to hear some new bands I've never heard. I originally heard The Black Keys on the Rescue Me soundtrack long before they sold out. Lately, I've been listening to the Shameless soundtrack.

The Ant-Man score is pretty fun. I like the theme... it's different than other hero film scores.

I always end up going back to Ender's Game and Edge of Tomorrow though. Pretty high on my list of favorite scores.

Age of Ultron was kind of meh.

Looking forward to BvS.
Not sure what else is due out over the next year that will be mind blowing. Star Wars I guess. The prequels were ok. They had some great themes but the album as a whole was just ok. ESB will always be the best SW score to me.

SOUNDTRACKS? I prefer to listen to soundtracks than any other kind of music. My first soundtrack was from the 1st movie I ever saw in the theaters, 2001:A Space Odyssey. I got the LP in 1975, and I still got it. I now have way over 1,500 LPs, cassettes, CD's and mp3s. My collection is still getting bigger.

Sadly soundtracks seem to be a dying breed, all they tend to be now are compilations of flavor of the month bands while composers struggle to stay relevant. It's why you see so many composers working on video game soundtracks.

Sadly soundtracks seem to be a dying breed, all they tend to be now are compilations of flavor of the month bands while composers struggle to stay relevant. It's why you see so many composers working on video game soundtracks.

I would disagree. Most of the big budget movies use the well established composers.

I would say indy artsy fartsy movies, comedies, and movies aimed at tweens probably have soundtracks with Billboard Top 100 garbage... but most of the "good" movies (movies that people like us watch) tend to have scores that won't date the movie in a year.

Name one "blockbuster" movie that had a sound track that played like a mixed tape? Guardians of the Galaxy is the only one I can think of and that still had an actual score... the songs were more a part of the Star Lord character.

I would disagree. Most of the big budget movies use the well established composers.

I would say indy artsy fartsy movies, comedies, and movies aimed at tweens probably have soundtracks with Billboard Top 100 garbage... but most of the "good" movies (movies that people like us watch) tend to have scores that won't date the movie in a year.

Name one "blockbuster" movie that had a sound track that played like a mixed tape? Guardians of the Galaxy is the only one I can think of and that still had an actual score... the songs were more a part of the Star Lord character.

All of the Michael Bay Transformers have more crap bands than instrumentals anymore.

I pretty much love anything of John Williams. I have a few tracks of the Krull soundtrack by James Horner. I love that and Star Trek 2 and the Rocketeer. I have a best of Meco that has disco versions of a bunch of Star Wars themes. It's very tacky but it brings me back to my childhood when that stuff was on the radio.

All of the Michael Bay Transformers have more crap bands than instrumentals anymore.

I would argue that as well. They play band music in the movies during the credits and parts of songs but I would say there's almost definitely more instrumental music. You just can't hear it over all the explosions and metal-on-metal noise.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back