Help with denix mauser

mandio222

Hi i got a denix mauser semi converted into a han blaster from a member here. But i can get the trigger/hammer mechanism to work, dont know if theres something missing or what. Theres the hamer (dont know how to remove it), the 2 parts trigger with the spring and the thing with the rod.

5dqiaq.jpg

346rmdt.jpg

343ovf9.jpg

If anyone can help me.
Tks

Last edited:
Uh oh! I know from airsoft guns that the hammer assembly of a gun is a pain to work with. Unfortunately, I can't help you out, as I've never disassembled my Denixes. Good luck though!

I've got mine taken apart in front of me. First off, the hammer does come out, you just have to remove the pin from the raised rectangle. It has another spring in it, you can see the end of it if you take the grips off.

Anyway, most likely the problem you're having is that the pin that holds the trigger in place isn't going through the spring. It won't pull itself back to starting position without the spring in place.

Arise old thread. Ok so I have been at it for 2+ hours trying to compress the trigger spring somehow in order to pass the pin through the body of the Denix and ultimately through the trigger. Is there a trick to do this? I'm ready to throw this through the wall.:(

I need to compress the spring when passing the pin through the hole. Both the pin and spring are fine I just cant seem to get it compressed so it has tension on it when I try to pass the pin through.

You shouldn't have to. There is one correct orientation of the spring, with the coil in the bottom and the pins diagonally up. The bent part should go around the back of the trigger. Be careful when you put the trigger into the blaster so that you don't shake the spring out of alignment. It took me a few tries before I got it assembled.

Also, the rod on the top part is also important for the mechanism. It holds the latch down so that it can only move forwards and backwards.

Last edited:
So the spring assembly is already compressed when you place the trigger assembly back in? Sorry if I sound like I'm confused...but I'm confused. I snapped pics of the trigger assembly before I pulled the pin that hold in the spring/trigger. The bent portion was hooked around the trigger in the front, not the back as you say.

*Edit: After additional persuasion with a pair or long tweezers I managed to push down on the coil portion of the spring while simultaneously advancing the pin. It should be good to go but that wasn't fun. Oh well, I get to do it again because now I get to modify the trigger itself so it's more accurate. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
Old thread but wanted to share this.

To get the trigger and spring back in you can seat the spring then insert a shorter temporary pin that is only the width of the trigger assembly to keep the spring in place. Drop the trigger in the receiver, lining up the pin opening, then push the real steel pin through, forcing your temporary pin out the other side. I used the silver tip of an RCA (composite) cable. It fit perfectly. A wooden dowel that is the right size would probably work too. Just so it's not too tight and make sure you don't use something that will crumble/splinter/clog up when you try to push it through.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am bumping this thread yet again because I am having a hell of a time putting this back together. When I first was getting ready to disassemble the trigger, I took a picture so I would remember the spring orientation. However, it was opposite of what is described above. The bent part of the spring was pointed towards the barrel end of the gun. I absolutely cannot get it back in that way. I can do it as described by Darth Lars above, but when I do, the trigger is very loose when the hammer gets pulled back, like there isn't pressure from the spring. Anyone have any insight???

An oldie but a goodie. I'm looking to get mine completed and reassembled by the end of next week, so Ive been reviewing the process ahead of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
That video doesn't seem to show the trigger ever removed or reassembled, which is the part I am having trouble with.

Thanks all for the replies. I finally got it back in. The only method that worked at all for me is what Blyman described in post #12, and was still a pain to do.

It is very hard to explain, and almost impossible to show with pictures/video

Glad you figured it out

Hey all I know this thread is old but I just wanted to share that denix has a assembly tutorial on the c96 and I think it will help for future reference, I just started this account so I can't put in any links so just visit youtube and search denix "be an expert" and it will show up along with other assembly videos. Hope this helps any future crafters.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back