Help With Modding This Blaster

Kindrun

Chiappa Rhino 60D Revolver mockup by Zerial

So I am starting the long journey of building my Mandalorian kit. It’s going to be mostly 3D printed and since I have a smallish printer I’d start with something relatively easy. The weapons. While looking for my blaster I wanted something different than the normal blasters others have. I found this while looking for inspiration. This is a 3D model based off of a real world handgun. I need some ideas on how to make it look more like it is from the Star Wars universe. I have an idea to fill the holes in the cylinder. Others have suggested removing the rails. What do you all think?

To break up the revolver silhouette, try integrating a slot for a magazine (power cell) in front of the trigger. Perhaps start off with the thickness of the trigger housing and then integrate that with the magazine housing.

Rhino.png

TazMan2000

I think one guideline (there are no "rules") to achieving an 'in universe' look is something that still seems plausible, but varies enough from its real world counterpart that you don't fully recognize the orginal form/function. TazMan2000 's suggestions look very good to me except for the scale/proportion of the scope (too large/'fat" IMHO for a holstered weapon). You didn't say if this will be your primary or a backup, though - if the former, you could keep the scope as shown and add a stock extension to make it more of a carbine.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back