Is it OK to wear & wash Hero Costumes?

i heard alot of bad bad things about Premire props, so i'm not sure if it on the up n up. But noneless Yes, actors do wear stunt harnessess and gear from time to time. Some Actors have been know to perform a good amount of their own stunts. I have a screen used Alice outfit that has a stunt harnesses cut / stitch spot. You cant even tell unless you are looking for it.

Free hair is a cool surpise bonus.

Enjoy your new outfit and show it off when you get a chance.

The Jennifer Connelly costume just arrived in the mail yesterday. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been washed (which is a good thing) and I found 3 or 4 strands of her long, dark hair on the shirt.
The only thing I'm confused about now is the fact that the size tag inside the pants has the words "stunt harness" written on it in marker. The Wardrobe Tag and Premiere Props Certificate of Authenticity both say it's Jennifer Connelly's. Is there a chance this is the stunt person's outfit...or do the actors themselves sometimes wear stunt harnesses? It was advertised as worn by Jennifer, so i hope that's the case.

Quite often the the stunt tag will say stunt dbl if it was worn by the stunt actor. but that's not always the case. I would be very cautious when dealing with Premiere Props and avoid buying from them if you can. I no it's hard when they are the only place to get a certain item.

Quite often the the stunt tag will say stunt dbl if it was worn by the stunt actor. but that's not always the case. I would be very cautious when dealing with Premiere Props and avoid buying from them if you can. I no it's hard when they are the only place to get a certain item.

I just read in an interview from her that she enjoys doing her own stunt work since she used to be a tomboy and that she did stunt work in a few scenes for The Hulk....so I'm going to try to be optimistic here about it :)
But yeah, for future purposes, I'm only using Premiere Props for rare items.

So, I'm guessing there will be an interest thread in the Junkyard soon with cloned Jennifer Connellys. :D

I'll take two please.

JenniferConnellyRidingHorse.gif

I'm a pretty hardcore collector and part of the reason I collect is to preserve a piece of history. That being said it doesn't bother me if people wear background costumes, but hero or iconic pieces being worn makes me cringe. Of course once you own something you can do what you please with it but if I was buying it from you I would want you to disclose that it has been worn by you. Just be upfront and honest! Either way enjoy your collection!

I agree 100% with this.

Yeah, me too!

Anyway it's your costume now, you paid for it and you can do whatever you want with it your acquisition!
So if you want to wear it, then go for it, but don't post in a public forum full of prop enthusiast that you do...they will kill you! :lol

You could always wear the cheaper ones and display the more expensive ones :) Like you could wear one of the shirts. Or....you could try and match them and have replicas to wear and have the screen used ones :)

The only thing I'm confused about now is the fact that the size tag inside the pants has the words "stunt harness" written on it in marker. The Wardrobe Tag and Premiere Props Certificate of Authenticity both say it's Jennifer Connelly's. Is there a chance this is the stunt person's outfit...or do the actors themselves sometimes wear stunt harnesses? It was advertised as worn by Jennifer, so i hope that's the case.

Unless her name actually appears inside the pieces on some type of cloth tag, there's really no way to know for sure – and even that can be faked, of course. When you say "Wardrobe tag" are you referring to the manilla paper tag that accompanies a lot of costumes, or are you meaning a sewn-in tag? Any manilla tag is, IMO, worthless as any true evidence of anything.

As for the pants being for a stunt harness, don't let that bother you. There's "stunts" (something basic like riding a horse) and then there's "stunts" (life-threatening falls). Many actors do basic stunts all the time. I have a couple of stunt hero pieces – made for the principle actor to use with a harness.

And FWIW, I'd only clean something that really needed it, ie, a piece that is filthy not due to use but to poor storage or care. I've done it – carefully! – but I try not to.

Congrats on your acquisitions!

Unless her name actually appears inside the pieces on some type of cloth tag, there's really no way to know for sure – and even that can be faked, of course. When you say "Wardrobe tag" are you referring to the manilla paper tag that accompanies a lot of costumes, or are you meaning a sewn-in tag? Any manilla tag is, IMO, worthless as any true evidence of anything.

As for the pants being for a stunt harness, don't let that bother you. There's "stunts" (something basic like riding a horse) and then there's "stunts" (life-threatening falls). Many actors do basic stunts all the time. I have a couple of stunt hero pieces – made for the principle actor to use with a harness.

And FWIW, I'd only clean something that really needed it, ie, a piece that is filthy not due to use but to poor storage or care. I've done it – carefully! – but I try not to.

Congrats on your acquisitions!

Thank you! ^_^ By Wardrobe Tag I mean the manilla paper tag. From everyone's input on this site, PremiereProps seems to have mixed reviews. I do believe this one is legit though. I'm watching The Hulk right now and I'm pretty sure it's the exact one. Oh well, I will stick to legit Auctions from now on so there won't be any shadow of a doubt..but when it comes to Jennifer Connelly outfits, I can't pass one up on PremiereProps since her wardrobe items are relatively rare these days from what I can tell (took me forever to find that one online).

It really depends what you want out of it. If you want it to enjoy having it, do whatever you want with it! If you want to resell or display it, it would probably be better off you didn't.

That said, I have worn a couple of Michael Jacksons actual shirts so take this with a grain of salt.

Enjoy your pieces! Both my husband and I have screen used costumes that we have personally worn. Heck, we both have cut up Starship Trooper armor just so we could do bloody troopers. They are yours and you are free to enjoy them however you like. Some may not agree and are very much purists but it is entirely your choice. We love displaying our stuff but damn, if we can fit into it, we are going to wear it!

I couldn't imagine damaging/destroying screen used props/costumes for the sake of enjoyment.. but wearing I guess would be good enough if worn inside and with care.

I think collecting screen used items should be done mostly for preservation- but that's just me.

I think if you want something to wear around it would be best to stick to replicas..

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back