Prop Dealer Review - Prop Store, ScreenUsed, Premiere Props

But lets face it...you got the stuff because you badgered them.

I haven't received shipping amounts etc from the same auction and will be opening up a paypal dispute Monday....not because I want them to keep the stuff....to provoke the action of sending them my shipping invoice.

Dan has told me again a few months ago the shipping was changed to a more fluid system. Guess what.

Same old same old.

Just got mine yesterday from the feb 21st auction. I didn't want to buy anything from them, but couldn't pass on it. So that's 10 weeks later after they were paid that I get the shipping charge. Which takes another whole week to ship. Grand total 11 weeks to complete the whole sale transaction.

But lets face it...you got the stuff because you badgered them.

I haven't received shipping amounts etc from the same auction and will be opening up a paypal dispute Monday....not because I want them to keep the stuff....to provoke the action of sending them my shipping invoice.

Dan has told me again a few months ago the shipping was changed to a more fluid system. Guess what.

Same old same old.

I did badger Dawn a bit...

Hi guys, I have used the Propstore on a few occasions and have always been good and now that I am on a movie watch mailing list I am even happier. Abacus were brilliant during their closing down auction and the staff there bent over backwards to make sure that all my purchases made if safely to me.

Movie bits in the UK are brilliant too, and I have just placed orders with MovieProp Warehouse so will let you know how that goes, but communication so far has been good.

Hi there, I'm new here but I'd like to had a testimony to Shipping delay of the propsellers.
I'm from France so the delay are a little bit different from yours in USA.
Screenused : Dispatched in 5 days, received in 10 days (Great communication)
Propstore : Dispatched in 7 days, received in 14 days
Pieces of the past : Dispatched in 3 days, received in 8 days !
Premiere Props : Dispatched in…14 to 26 weeks !!!! received 2 weeks after dispatching, no communication, agressive when there is. Poor packaging, they forget the "COA's" almost every time. And they charge incredible shipping… I will not buy again (each time I say that, each time they have great things to sell… but I'm done now…)
Hope it helps.
Cheers

Last edited:
Although I only own a dozen or so props I can share my experience with quite some dealers (I am located in Germany):

- The Propstore:

I got some items both from their UK and US store and also sent in an item for signing, all without problems. They are extremely professional and flexible when it comes to payment plans or combined shipping.

They are unfortunately not at all open for any offers/bargaining. This is rather a shame as they have a very strict pricing scheme depending on movie and so some of their items sit in their warehouse forever.

- Screen Used

Very friendly guys and although their website isn't always working 100%, everything worked out fine. I got a reasonable discount although it was not an "make offer" item and shipping was fast (had it sent to Borderlinx who sent it to Germany).

- Hollywood History online

It is not that Wes is unfriendly, but overall I found this to be a rather unpleasant transaction. I already heard his stuff is overpriced. But the sword I got (which supposed to be from The Mummy) had a tag with "Mummy Ret." on it and for a Mummy Returns stunt sword was way overpriced. He says it is from "The Mummy" and the tag was from another item - I can't prove he is lying, but I don't believe him. He ignored my objections that scene the sword is supposed to be from is fully CGI.

Besides that, shipping was fast, no problems there.

- The Prop Gallery

Del from the UK has a rather limited selection of stuff from the UK obviously, mostly Dr. Who. But there are some nice finds from time to time. He is is willing to bargain depending on item, some items he had for some time have room for 30% or an extra item packed in, others he won't go down.

I like to talk to him from time to time, unfortunately the british pound is very strong, so for US or continental Euro buyers the prices are steep. Not his fault and the items I got arrived quickly and safely.

- Prop Masters

David is based in the UK too and has a rather interesting mix of props and movies. I found one of the last Banquet Beetles and although the price was steep with little room for bargain I got easily one of the most perfect specimen available (most of them seem to have gone through his hands). And it arrived quickly and safely at my door.

Conclusion:

Impressions are mostly positive (avoided Premiere props due to this topic) but I can't and won't judge if the items I got are genuine, but at least I am under the impression they are from all of these sellers.

I would buy from all these again - even Hollywood History, though I doubt I would find another item he would make a price for I find reasonable.

Last edited:
Which is exactly why Im in the same boat as Art. I don't particularly like waiting 8 weeks for a prop from PP but if its $50 instead of the $500 that a dealer might charge that is the trade off.

Sadly we live in an imperfect world.

Someone asked me what the trade off was from buying from a private party. Well as some here know 6 months after you buy it the Feds want their Spiderman suit back.

Not sure I understand; how can object that is essentially valueless if not legitimate, have any value at all if not obtained and vouched for by a universally trusted source. PP does not sound to qualify as a universally trusted source. Ten cents on the dollar is great, I suppose, if you consoder the money spent as an ephemeral entertainment expense - like a dinner out - and not an investment made building a collection.

What about "thepropmaster"? Does anyone have any experience - good, bad, neutral - with this prop house?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back