Doctor Who stuff

mrchester

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a neat TARDIS kit offered by Squirrel Works Model rockets. This "Metropolitan Police Box" is made from laser cut sheet balsa. The instructions are clear and the kit also has brass door handles and a sticker sheet for the windows and external markings. The finished model (sans fin unit) is 4.25" x 4.25" x 8" tall. very cool! :cool
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a Comet Miniatures Movie Dalek that I converted to the Dalek Supreme from Planet of the Daleks. The Comet dome is wrong so I turned a proper master from aluminum then made a mold of it. The neck bin and rings are turned from aluminum. The front half of the shoulder box (from Comet) is wrong, so I remade it from 1/16" sheet styrene. The skirt is done straight from the box. The 'flashlight' eye piece and the 'jam jar' ears are turned from pvc. The model is finished in Krylon blacks and krylon gold. :cool
I do need to finish the underside.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a resin kit by Reshape (a sub-company of Comet Miniatures) of TV Century 21 Dalek Emperor. At 1/8 sacle it matches up to the available plastic Dalek kits. Don't let the hand drawn box placard fool you, this is a nice kit. Consisting of resin (5 large and 12 small) and plastic parts (the grey, white, and black trees that make up the hemisheres, gun, and plunger from the Dalek kit), the finished model is 7" tall and 5" wide. The parts are well cast (and thought out) and the skirt has location holes for the hemispheres (not seen on their other dalek subjects). I opted for the tall ears (a set of short ears are included also) which I painted Candy Apple Red. The main body is finished in Antique Gold , Krylon Chrome and Flat Black. The hemispheres I finished in Krylon Chrome and Candy Emerald. The eyestalk and main dome move. Nice model...soon, Special Weapons Dalek And Emperor Davros.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:
This is on the back of my Explorer... the wife likes it too! I've seen drivers behind me taking pics at stoplights. :cool Yeah, I need to wash my truck.
IMG_0241.JPG

Last edited:
This is Reshape's 1/8 scale Special Weapons Dalek. This is resin and white metal. The finished product is very nice, but you have to do a lot to get it there. Construction pics soon.
I do not plan to do the BBC's rather bad battle damage...It looks rather nice clean. (I have yet to weather a model).
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Awsome collection mrchester, I still have a couple of Sevans Daleks & 2 Davros kits to be made, Here's ones I used to own

This is a composite of 3 photos of just 1 Dalek:
dalekmergebrighter.jpg

Davros:
dsc01688p.jpg

John

Nice work John,:cool Davros is such a sourpuss. Whose kit and what scale is it? I would eventually like to get a hold of a Sevans kit, but only so much time (and money). Check my MPC Cygnus thread and you'll understand.
On my workbench I've also got Reshape's Emperor Davros...pics eventually.

Thanks mrchester, the Davros is the Sevans kit also & is in scale with the Dalek (1/5 scale) both kits' hemispheres are molded (vac-formed) on the skirts.

Davro's head & hand are resin, the rest of the kit is vac formed

John

Even though I am currently busy on my 1/350 scale Battle Carrier Lexington.. I feel this picture fits this thread. For the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who... here's what you can do with hay and a forklift.
haydalek.jpg

Last edited:
I'm finally getting around to finishing some of my Doctor Who stuff. Starting with my Dalek Supreme, I had to address two things ...securing the neck bin to the body and the dome in the bottom of the skirt. I robbed the dome skirt from my Emperor Davros kit and prepped it for paint. I chromed then painted it with Blue Anodized paint. It was sealed with Testor's Gloss-cote. It was attached with epoxy.
pldalek.jpg pldalek1.JPG pldalek2.JPG

I also needed to attach the neck bin to the shoulder box (up until now, I just had the stacked up loose) and due to dis-similar materials, I would use marine epoxy paste. Since I had cut a hole in the center (top) of the shoulder box, I turned a line-up ring (from grey PVC) and would attach it with CA. Once cured, I applied epoxy to the inside of the aluminum neck bin. The pictures show how the ring fits each side.
dalekring.JPG dalekring1.JPG dalekring2.JPG

I finished out my Tardis by replacing the wooden top light assembly with one made from aluminum. After painting, I attached it with white glue.
Using 0.040" sheet styrene, I cut a piece that fits snuggly into the bottom. It is finished in flat black.
Tardislight.jpg Tardisstuff.jpg tardistop.jpg Tardisbottom.jpg

Its Saturday, Sept. 29 and its Modelpalooza day. That's the big IMPS show in Orlando, and for the first time , I'm actually participating. Below is a picture of me and my Exterminators, TARDIS, and my (profile picture ship) EDF Koenigsberg. A good turnout and the guy who belong to the rocket next to me was tickled to see Dalek models. Got to be different.
modelpalooza 2013.jpg Modelpalooza 2013

Attachments

• modelshow.jpeg
    modelshow.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 309
  • exterminators.jpg
    exterminators.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Well, the shows over, and how about this , my TARDIS won a gold medal. Considering that I'm a recovering rocketeer, I think its neat that I won something at a display model show with a (flying) model rocket. Works for me...thanks Modelpalooza 2013!
gold.jpg

Attachments

• squirrel.JPG
    squirrel.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 496
Last edited:
I'm excited that my first comment on this board if on your thread. GREAT WORK! Congrats on the gold for sure. Well earned and deserved!

Well, the shows over, and how about this , my TARDIS won a gold medal. Considering that I'm a recovering rocketeer, I think its neat that I won something at a display model show with a (flying) model rocket. Works for me.
View attachment 237951

Glad you won, they all look great!

In fact I just ordered the flying squirrel Tardis -- I've often wondered why someone didn't put out a pre-cut balsa metro police box kit. I have the Airfix Tardis and the (somewhat iffy) Daleks kit, but they are very pricey and hard to come by in the US. Shame Airfix never followed them up with more kits.

Also, I love that comic-style emperor dalek, unusual take-off on the standard dalek design.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the shows over, and how about this , my TARDIS won a gold medal. Considering that I'm a recovering rocketeer, I think its neat that I won something at a display model show with a (flying) model rocket. Works for me.
View attachment 237951

Glad you won, they all look great!

In fact I just ordered the flying squirrel Tardis -- I've often wondered why someone didn't put out a pre-cut balsa metro police box kit. I have the Airfix Tardis and the (somewhat iffy) Daleks kit, but they are very pricey and hard to come by in the US. Shame Airfix never followed them up with more kits.

Also, I love that comic-style emperor dalek, unusual take-off on the standard dalek design.

Thanks for the kind words, 19yellow72, and thanks for making this thread your first post. I'm afraid there's no prizes for that, but a piece of advise. If some BBC types come asking about your avatar...its Metropolitan Police Box. It works for Squirrel Works.
Greeting to Metaluna Mutant (This Island Earth is an enjoyable watch...even if the cat is named wrong), you'll enjoy putting that Squirrelly rocket together. All laser cut parts. Now for those who don't know, I used to be a heavy-hitter in the High powered rocket group (google Project 463 and Down Right Ignorant for that) and toward the end of my rocketry career I put my true passion to good use. I designed and sold futuristic flying model kits (this is going somewhere) and I had built the odd designs that were offered by pretty much every manufacturer. Now the payoff...Squirrel Works Police box (Gold medal aside) was one of the most challenging, entertaining, and rewarding models that I have ever built. And yes, I bought it for the TARDIS model. The fact that it is wood makes it a very realistic model, not to mention the variation of sticker decals.
I'll be talking about the Comet Miniatures Dalek a little later...of the four the one (black with silver spheres) was considered the best of the four. As for the Emporer, The TV Century 21 comics variation is a handsome model that has one thing going for it over the Special Weapons Dalek. The spheres are not cast into the skirt...much easier than masking 50+ pieces. Or cutting off the offending bumps and reworking the skirt.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back