Dredd W.I.P.(comic/movie mashup) sculpting stage

Re: Dredd W.I.P.(comic/movie mashup) design stage

looking good!
This costume no matter which version you chose to do, is a lot of work, patience is key!
Keep up the good work sir!

Yeah, truly inspirational stuff. Will be keeping an eye on this one for ideas and just for the sheer interest of seeing how your kit turns out. :)

Thanks guys.

Yeap, the quality is patience but more than that I want to prove myself that a good Judge costume adaptation can be done with mostly found stuff instead of spending a fortune on made parts for it. Of course some pieces need to be done or commissioned but pants and boots, gloves, shirt, belt, pouches and perhaps even the holster can be done for no more than what a thrift may charge for them or what an army surplus can offer.

last time I made numbers a Dredd 3D costume would cost:

190 for a raw helmet, add 10 bucks per paint you need to use (in my case I used 4 for a total of 40 bucks in paints only) plus the cost for the visor that for example purposes let's say costs 10 bucks plus say... 5 bucks of mousepad material for the liner material bought in a dollar tree store (lol)

That's 245 bucks for the helmet (and if getting it form Mr.Pinski you'll get the badge for free hopefully) if not then add around 30 bucks for a badge
about 150 for a Lawgiver MarkII
160 for the vest armor
180 for the shoulder armor
about 30 to 45 bucks for the buckle depending on who you get it from

that's more than 800 bucks right there without elbow and kneepads, boots, gloves, glove extensions, belt and belt pouches and extra equipment like the grenade, respirator, mini c4 squib breach bomb and first aid kit and cuffs, gun holster AND leather jacket and leather pants in the right model.

I'm seeing a costume that can very easily reach the 2000 dollars mark.

Need is the mother of inventive so the saying goes and being a poor dude myself I need to make do with what I can hahahahaha

And dude you'll be so satisfied when you finally finish it!
I'm the same as you, I can see why people would just spend and collect when there's so many really nice goodies out there but the amount of stuff you learn when you make it yourself is unreal and everything you need to know is out there..if you can't make it, find out how!

keep up the awesome work!

I really appreciate it Baron, specially from someone with such an awesome work on Street Judge's costumes. I actually started working on mine when I saw a few of the threads in here including your own. Really gorgeous work on it.

By the way anyone knows the name of the Dredd facebook group?

This is looking superb!!! Lovin' it! The boots are a masterstroke!! I'm jealous! lol!

Great work so far, the sketch is awesome!

I also took out my Old (12 years at least) New Rock boots (Image is not mine but they're the exact same model):
New-rock-boots-new-rock-boots-9916899-376-500_zps62615c53.jpg

Any idea what the model number of those boots is?

I tried a pair of them on about 7 years ago but foolishly didn't buy them. I've been looking for a pair of them ever since, I've never been able to find anyone else who had ever seen them, and this is the first time I've even found a photo of them.

I also took out my Old (12 years at least) New Rock boots (Image is not mine but they're the exact same model):
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums...ew-rock-boots-9916899-376-500_zps62615c53.jpg

Any idea what the model number of those boots is?

I tried a pair of them on about 7 years ago but foolishly didn't buy them. I've been looking for a pair of them ever since, I've never been able to find anyone else who had ever seen them, and this is the first time I've even found a photo of them.

No idea to be honest...

I just resumed working on the conceptual mashup Dredd. life kinda gave me a hard time but im back at it.

I just finished a Resolute Version Cobra Commander that won first place in one of the biggest Cosplay, comics and the such Con in here and Im finishing a mr. Roboto Cosplay for halloween. more on those later...

Im scouting for leather jackets and leather pants this weekend and most probably will buy the matt rubber foam for the shoulder pads and amor on the first 2 weeks of october. Still need to add the extra Sleeves to the gloves and attach the pouches and paint them.

more pic of progress in a few weeks guys.

Hey, welcome back!

Great work so far, really keen to see your concept take shape. Keep at it.

Loving this so much. Combining the comic and the movie how your sketch is brilliant.

Yeah I'm digging this build, looking forward to any updates! Badass concept artwork too!

I really like the design of your hybrid suit! And the paintjob on the helmet is great aswell. Looking forward to see some progress on the shoulder pieces.
The front armor plates look very Boba Fett inspired.

Last edited:

Wow... I really had to put this project in the back burner for a while but Im back working on it.

I was able to score a leather jacket And a pressure motocross suit that I can modify into the final hybrid bulletproof jacket in my design. currently I´m sculpting the belt buckle, grenade and door breach explosive. they´re almost done so I´ll start uploading pics in a couple of days and will build the silicone molds on the weekend.

Right after that is sculpting the shoulderpads and leaving them ready for molds. I plan on making them in fiberglass. Same as the chest and belly armor plates.

That´s where I am at the moment. Sorry for the long delay guys, but other cosplay projects came between this one.

P.S.

I also heat reshaped the helmet to my head and face a tad. Enough to make it look perfect and to fit me snug on me noggin!

cheers!

FlameHel:

Dude I started browsing the New Rock webpage and while I didn´t found my boot model I did find some pretty awesome models that acream Street Judge!

some examples here:

NEW ROCK 1020 R3 60 Day Custom Made Metallic Boots

NEW ROCK 134 S1 Metallic Boots

NEW ROCK 137 C1 60 Day Custom Made Metallic Boots

NEW ROCK 173 C1 60 Day Custom Made Metallic Boots

NEW ROCK 222 C1 60 Day Custom Made Metallic Boots

THESE are VERY similar to the ones I have... i even like them better over mine:

NEW ROCK 332 C1 60 Day Custom Made Metallic Boots

BUT if I had the cash I would buy these for my Dredd setup:

NEW ROCK 745 R1 60 Day Custom Made Metallic Boots

The prices state that is for each... I don´t know if each pair of boots or each boot.... I have no idea but man... I would buy the last ones I linked if I had the chance.

here´s a small update on the sculpting progress. Still not much to look at but someting is something...

door breach explosive (since it´ll be inside a pouch there´s no point in being anal about the shape being perfect)

and the belt buckle in urban´s style

and the as of this moment work in progress of the right eagle shoulder armor:

so theres where i am at this point. I really hope I can end the shoulder sculpture tomorrow sunday and leave all the parts ready for silicone next weekend.

cheers and thanks for watching everyone.

Anyone ever thought of making a video loop with police chatter in the background for an Ipod touch gauntlet comms screen effect?

I´m thinking on making one but if someone else has done so so much the better!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back