Skyrim Dragonborn: Miraak

Kanehoku

Skyrim Dragonborn Miraak build

Hi all, I wanted to show a project im currently working on. This is a personal project of mine that I decided to take on on after being invited to cosplay Skyrim with some fellow prop makers.

Bethesda just released a new DLC for Skyrim called Dragonborn. The main antagonist is the original dragonborn named Miraak. Hes has a very strong resemblence to Cthulhu.

Heres some pictures of what ive done so far.

Im still modeling and sculpting but im pretty satisfied with what ive got so far.

1000px-First_Dragonborn.jpg

dragonborn_mask_3.jpeg

dragonborn_zbrush1.jpg

dragonborn_zbrush2.jpg

I love the workflow of building a 3d model and either printing it or taking it into pepakura. Another passion of mine is working with metal. I plan on building the larger props out of pepakura and the smaller details props like the arm cuffs and the belt buckles id like to cast out of a lighter metal alloy or cold cast bronze.

Thanks, its going to be for ALA in January. Its going to be some very long hours to get all the part done before Con. I finally found a picture that shows the side and back of the helmet, im going to need to redesign it but that shouldnt be a problem.

mirak_helmet.jpg

mirak_robe.jpg

mirak_gloves.jpg

mirak_boots.jpg

mirak_staf.jpg

mirak_sword.jpg

Thats a very minor filler 3m green glazing puddy. I build up the resin inside the mask so instead of using a bunch of filler to build up to the peaks of the mask i grind them down. Also each layer of resin is tinted a different color so i can keep track of how far i have sanded through, if i notice the color is the bottom layer it means i need to add another coat of resin inside. I dont use fiberglass resin btw i use smooth cast

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

"Also each layer of resin is tinted a different color so i can keep track of how far i have sanded through,"

Very clever.
Mask is looking amazing already!

Sorry I should have posted a picture of my altered 3d model

miraak_3d_model.jpg

anyone that has ever seen a game model will know how bad they actually are for showing off real detail most of it is detail that was created in sculpting software like zbrush and a normal map is generated and used to give the illusion of actual detail through the rendering engine, I ripped the game model from skyrim but it was completely unusable so I retopologized the whole thing and mapped the old texture onto it.

Very cool!

Haven't gotten very far in the addon, just enough to realize that dude is a complete dick, but that mask is awesome!

I was hoping to see someone tackle it on here :)

Hell of a job man! Some weathering and some gold/black paint and that sucker is gonna look SSSSWWWWEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!

Chris

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back