Mortal Kombat movie props

Hey, I've been in the prop world for quite some time and really haven't seen too many Mortal Kombat props or maybe I just have horrible timing. I was wondering if anyone knows of props ever being sold from the original Mortal Kombat movie? Thanks guys

Last edited:
Propstore originally sold a cyrax head...more recently they recieved items from the original animatronic creator so have had goro pieces.

As for costumes the golden closet got alot from the second movie.

I bought several of the ninja characters at profiles in the late 1990's i believe but they are all gone now. They also sold shiva, shao kahn armor and some other pieces.

All a blur now. Its just all over the place now. Ebay has seen a few pieces pop up

I own a Sub Zero outfit from MK2 worn by Keith Cooke, it doesn't have the shin guards or under tabard.... I have the mask/hood, Blue tunic area (which has a slit in the back where the stunt line would have been fitted for when he gets launched backwards) and gloves with forearm guards ....

I am in the process of making a saibot mask . I used pepakura which lets you print out the peices and make things

I remember coming across the original Sub Zero costume about ten years ago for super cheap compared to today's prop prices. I still regret not snagging that.

I know a guy who has at least one costume (Reptile), but I don't know if he will part with it. I'll point him to this thread and let him take it from there if he is interested.

I have a screenused concrete jaguar head statue that was seen in many diff scenes in the first Mortal Kombat film even in closeups with flames in its mouth and eyes. I got it basically Because I simply like the way it looks and I wasn't disappointed I love this thing. It being in the movie is def a plus

Offering above market value for a costume!

Huh, well it's the resale field. How do you know what market value is? If you have been looking since November of 2012. With only 1 bite of an item out there. Guess what? It's gonna cost you most likely. Plus maybe the person doesn't wish to let it go with out being paid well. Don't be rude about it, since people have tried to help you.

Keep looking and you might get lucky somewhere else.

Huh, well it's the resale field. How do you know what market value is? If you have been looking since November of 2012. With only 1 bite of an item out there. Guess what? It's gonna cost you most likely. Plus maybe the person doesn't wish to let it go with out being paid well. Don't be rude about it, since people have tried to help you.

Keep looking and you might get lucky somewhere else.

I have no idea where I was rude in my postings... I offered to pay more than what any prop dealer would valuate... How's that rude? And Art Andrews and I had a great PM conversation and I was very thankful for his help. There is an actual market valuation for props. How do you think venders and dealers create a price? They actually have a research department. Go to propstore.com's contact information and you'll see they have two people working that field. Yes, if a prop is rare they can ask any price they wish but getting that price is a different story. As my posting said, I'll pay what someone is asking in a complete non-rude way!

My mistake, sorry. If you read it how you said it. It sounded like your were irate that they wanted more than market value. But you are offering more than market. Ok, I gotta ya. Try putting that in the junk yard. Might have been luck there too since more people check out things in there.

Much appreciated! I definitely don't want to come off rude and I would respect any seller that's willing to sell me their prop because I know how hard it is to sell a prop sometimes. I'll get posting on here to hopefully someday find one. Does anyone know where else I should be posting as well?

Thank you very much! I'm definitely looking into being a buyer! I am mainly looking for the ninja costumes but I definitely need to start my mortal kombat collection somewhere

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back