Skyrim Dragon Priest Mask

Ikkalebob

Just finished work on my Dragon Priest Mask, using the pepakura file I found here (Thanks!). If anyone is interested in the actual construction, I've made an Instructable.

FI5BS98H8CVL20C.LARGE.jpg

FH8MT1AH8CVFQLW.LARGE.jpg

FYTCG0TH8I454WE.LARGE.jpg

Great work Ikkalebob! I'm at the cutting/gluing stage of my Dragon Priest Mask. I'm also using JTM's file,so it's reassuring to see that it can come out looking so nice. This is my first leap into trying Pepakura and this mask looked like a nice starter.

Did you end up taking off the large flat piece on the back of the mask after coating the face with resin so that it would keep it's shape while drying,or did you not need to use it at all?

This looks great, the only unsolicited critique I have is that some of the forms are wonky. I think if you did a clay pour into your pepakura and then refined the forms in the clay casting before molding with silicone, you'd have more refined and symmetrical forms. Of course, it depends on the desired look. I just wanted to let you know for the future if you're interested, pepakura is great to get general forms, but secondary refinement would be easy in clay. A one-piece silicone mold would be easy to pour up against a clay pattern and many pieces could be cast from it.

Love the finish, haven't checked out the instructible. Was this vacuum metalized or cold cast? Great finish!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back