DREDD + judge PREDD.

Usurper

This will probably be a slow build, due to my Predator build and general life getting in the way. BUT it will hopefully be ready for Dragoncon next year.

I know its becoming the normal to 3d scan items now and while the products are always 1st class, i wanted to do as much as this on my own as possible, ( apart from the helmet, due to time ) and i do not have access to anything other than clay.

So i thought id start on the Badge, i went by some guestimates given out on here, ( thank you ) and started with a 130mmx97mm base for the badge, and sculpted the basics into the clay, then i took a snap mould and sanded to a point where i figured i was going to loose my mind being too anal over placement and details. i mean if i do the rest of the suit to a decent level, the badge not being 100% perfect will not be issue huh :confused

anyhoo, when i decided my sanity was in danger i stopped, sadly i had sanded the badge down to 125mmx95mm but meh.

then i made a new thick mould and tried my hand at cold casting. im 50/50 on whether i like the finish, but i am going to do a few more anyway.

Basic shape.

68337_370703939673146_484443448_n.jpg

Started drawing in the placement if details.

429244_370716803005193_795739885_n.jpg

Snap mould taken ( too early in hindsight, i should have worked the clay smoother.

536001_371085796301627_343341839_n.jpg

I sprayed it red when i thought i had got most of it correct, then sanded the high points, i did not take a photo of the sanded pre mould one as its all sorts of colours.

580216_371463122930561_1071423957_n.jpg

Cold cast straight from the mould.

564920_372224039521136_2075854850_n.jpg

And where the 1st one finished.

545557_372470489496491_186264739_n.jpg

Thnks for looking, i purchased some fabric from ebay for the back and chest armour to sit on, it should be here today ( when the postman decides to turn up. )
Next week i think i will start the belt buckle, before moving onto the chest and back armour.

Lee.

Last edited:
Re: DREDD

Looking good there bud, its great to see you building other stuff, rather than predator, youre a great sculptor the badge came out awesome

I am going to make as much as time permits, apart from the helmet which is coming from Devin.
That may change over time but I am going to try do as much as I can.

left side upper chest armour blocked out. I need to smooth some more and refine on both this and the badge holder side, then decide how i am going to do the strap opening, then i can detail it up.

dreddchestarmour-1.jpg

Last edited:

Well i decided to see if i could sculpt the eyelet , and i am undecided about whether i am happy with the outcome as yet. anyway heres a side by side of the 2 peices.

dreddupperchest1.jpg

thank you.

I have a few things to straighten out, but then i guess its onto the tedious task of texturing them.

left Ab section started.

looking at the photos im now concerned i have some details/angles too sharp .......urg.

i have some more smoothing to do, then i will have a think while i texture up the chest peices, before i texture this up.

dreddab3.jpg

dreddab4.jpg

left side chest pretty much done, 2 passes with different tools. probably should have made a texture stamp as this is the smallest peice.......DOH !

leftchestdone.jpg

my biggest friend in this was a 12 inch ruler :)

id love to take credit for sculpting crisp lines, but i just cut them into the clay along the ruler.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back