DREDD + judge PREDD.

Re: DREDD

Thanks all :)

I am going to try to get the one ab section detailed up today before i start 7 night shifts UUUUUUURG !.
if i am happy i will get the other side blocked out and done this week. i am gong to try and fund these before i sculpt anymore parts, i do not want sculpts lieing around everywhere with the potential of getting knocked.

Schedules can be aaarrggghhh!! Im currently in a 5 nights shift, i know im going to be despereate to work on props by wednesday :(, looking forward to next update

finaly done the left ab peice. kinda glad i have not sculpted the right side yet, as im not looking forward to more texturing hehe.

Sorry for the iffy photo, i will take a new one tomorrow in daylight.

finab.jpg

Dude this build is gonna be so fricken awesome!! Are you gonna vacuum form the armor? or make a silicone mold? Also, the back spines, I don't know what it is, but gives the Judges this powerful feel to them and I will certainly be looking forward to this build!

I am going to make a silicone mould then use POLYTEK PLASTI-FLEX to cast them in.

I hope anyway :)

The back i may do in urethane, if plasti-flex feels too restrictive i have not used urethane or plasti-flex before so i will have wait and see i guess.

and thank you :)

These are the other items i have ready to be worked on.

The foam was cut out then sprayed black, i am not worried about it being uniformly black as the mesh fabric going over the top hides 99.9% of it anyway.

dreddchestbase.jpg

foamjacket.jpg

I also found a sheet of black leather, which i am going to make the guantlets out of and if theres enough left , some of the neck support.

leather.jpg

Some of the jacket has been done. The fabric was cut approx 3 inches larger than each side , then carpet adhesive was used to glue it onto the back of the foam, te pattern seems pretty close ad i managed to get it pretty much wrinkle free.

pattern.jpg

The 2 peices together.

fabfoam.jpg

And then just the other parts roughly laid ontop to get a idea of how it will look i guess.

roughplace.jpg

Well i hope to sell a couple of sets to fund the rest of the project, but as of yet i would have NO idea what to charge for the front 4 peices of armour.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back