Sideshow Lifesize Clone Trooper 501st legion + Custom made DC-15 blaster replica

manooga

Hey guys,

Want to share this with you. One day not long ago I was walking across a retail store in my town, and went to the toys department and suddenly I felt someone was starring and me. When I looked up there I saw it. Almost felt fearful by such a threatening look, but then I felt like I could not leave that store without taking such amazing piece with me. So I did. This is it:

403519_3517462329658_486180448_n.jpg

Sideshow made an incredible work on this piece. It's full lifesize, and detail on it is really amazing. But I couldn't have a clone trooper without a blaster! so I decided to buy him one. I was about to go for the E-11 blaster from Master Replicas, but then I realized that blaster belonged to stormtroopers, and I needed one for clone troopers. I searched some places and found no replicas, so I went for a toy; this is from Hasbro I think, and it is sold as Captain Rex's blaster. I took this one since it has the exact shape of the DC-15 blaster used by clone troopers in Star Wars, but I had to paint it, so I started the job, and this is what I got:

295081_3537121221118_499520010_n.jpg

Got reference from here:

Appo.jpg

99.jpg

So then the clone was happy. I opened the blaster and filled it all with cement and sand in order to make it heavy. I kept the sound from the toy I purchased, since it seemed realistic to me. The lights and the mechanics to fire foam darts were all removed in order to cover the holes in the cannon and give it a more realistic view. I made the base with some wires, and a piece of plastic that used to belong to a scaled car.

522492_3537120141091_582514567_n.jpg

Later on, I asked the amazing Pastor Jedi for a plaque, and the job was finished:

246430_3761127421133_1032435925_n.jpg

Hope you like it!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back