Blood Dragon Helmet WIP from Mass Effect 2

Weaselhammer

Sr Member
View attachment 114128

I wanted to do a video game related build and have had this idea on the back burner for months , I LOVE the Blood Dragon Helmet and armor from Mass Effect 2 and finally started the process yesterday. I found a base pep helmet model from Dung0beetle that I felt was a perfect start and after getting the scaling a tad bit too small on the first one, I made another base scaled up just a bit and it's perfect ! (for my head anyways) I'm usually just not patient enough to do good pep work, but this one turned out pretty good and I've already put a coat of resin on it. Tomorrow I'll fix any minor problems with a heat gun and glass the inside.
View attachment 114129

I'll keep this thread updated with my progress !

I'm actually currently working on that very helmet myself... I actually have a pep file for it. If you want a copy just let me know, it was a free file I found online ;).

I'm actually currently working on that very helmet myself... I actually have a pep file for it. If you want a copy just let me know, it was a free file I found online ;).

I think I have this planned out pretty good, but I am definately interested in the pep file anyways, Thanks ! And good luck with your build !

Tonight, after watching Raiders of the lost Ark :popcorn, I got to work on the helmet, sanding it down a bit and skimming it with some body filler. I cut the flashing off the bottom also. I found that Daft Punk is pretty good "sanding music" ! I have a pretty good pile of resin powder on the floor :lol

View attachment 114515

Last edited:
I cut out the neck whole in the bottom and was relieved to find that it fit over my heasd just fine ! I was worried I would have to have a removable section like Iron Man helmets do.

View attachment 114832

I also got some primer on it and can now see how lumpy it still is, I still have a little work to do on that , then I'll start making patterns for the faceplate and breather elements for mockup.

View attachment 114833

Progress ! I made a single breather element and molded it. I then slushcast 2 exact copies for the helmet. I think it will look alot better when I can get the faceplate done. The faceplate lines that are drawn on there now are a little small I think. I still have high hopes for this project and I hope to get my finances straight soon so I can get focused on this more.

View attachment 116733

I really don't think anyone is interested in my helmet so far, so I think this will be the last update for a while. I didn't work on the helmet much today, but I did bolt both breathers to the main helmet. To form the base of the breather pucks to the curvature of the helmet, I simply held a piece of medium grit sandpaper over the helmet itself and sanded the puck on top of that, which sands the puck into the shape of the helmet and making a good fit.

View attachment 116886

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back