POTC Pirate's Dice / Liar's Dice Cups

jojomanzo

I just picked up the Liar's Dice game at Goodwill for $1.
Has anyone done any modifications to these to make them a bit more realistic?

http://www.certain.com/system/accou...disneyland/events/pocmerch2006/liars dice.jpg

They are nice, heavy quality, all four are exact same mold, and pretty much a solid color. Any advice on how to customize them a bit beyond painting. Is there any advice for adding texture to the barnacles or some grittiness?

If anyone has done it, please share pictures, or if you have some ideas in general. I was thinking about adding some grit to the paint, but I really haven't done anything besides painting primed miniatures or canvas, so this would be new to me.

Thanks

Some of the original cups were just bamboo with some rubber stippled on for texture. You can probably use Super 77 for a light texture and Super 90 (both spray adhesives) to get something similar. Its a learning curve so have something else to practice on first.

The dice were hand sculpted so that will make it easy on you if you want another project.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back