"He can't resist showing us his face" TDK Joker bank surveillance photo

Hecubus114

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
First let me say I didn't put this in the paper props section because, well, I'm not sharing it, LOL (not yet at least). If that's wrong - I apologize - feel free to move it.

I have spent many hours working on this. And while it is not 100% screen accurate (no way it could be without the original photo to work with), I am very happy with the results. I am thinking doing a run of these at a reasonable price in the future - just trying to figure out in my head how to go about it...

Anyway, for now just a preview image - but anyone who knows what it is needs no explanation. I know its hard to tell from the small pic - but please let me know what you guys think :thumbsup

BankSecurityPhotoPreview.jpg

200809_27_59_d0120259_1084868.jpg

yeah, it looks like the face is a bit sharper than everything else around it. Maybe blur it out a little so it looks more like surveillance footage? And was this scene in the film? I can't recall it.

Thanks guys - you're right - WAY too sharp. Thats why I need eyes that haven't stared at it for hours like mine! ha ha...

Yes, MooMooEgg - this was in the scene where Batman meets Gordon in the bank after the robbery - Ramirez hands him the photo and when he shows it to Batman he says "Him again?"

The original prop just looks to be a bad photoshop job. I think you can get away with it like how they did it by combining a few pics together.

I'm almost certain one of these are the heads they slapped over someone in his bank robber garb.

Needs to be blurred and desaturated* a bit more. Also play with the exposure settings, the original shows his face "blooming" which is the result of bad exposure, causing the light colored areas to bleed outward.

Seriously, though, awesome reconstruction job!

-Nick

*Are we even sure it's a color picture? It almost looks entirely greyscale to me. Maybe with a bit of color added just due to the color correction of the movie itself. It's definitely VERY desaturated in that frame grab.

The original prop just looks to be a bad photoshop job. I think you can get away with it like how they did it by combining a few pics together.

I'm almost certain one of these are the heads they slapped over someone in his bank robber garb.

That's exactly what I did. I have the promo shot with the correct head on it. The body is made from various photos of Ledger in costume as well. Because of the size (and sharpness like many pointed out), it's looks a bit "fake" in my pic above. I did some more correcting and blurring, and printed a test one out. It looks pretty good. I'll post an updated pic later today...

That's exactly what I did. I have the promo shot with the correct head on it. The body is made from various photos of Ledger in costume as well. Because of the size (and sharpness like many pointed out), it's looks a bit "fake" in my pic above. I did some more correcting and blurring, and printed a test one out. It looks pretty good. I'll post an updated pic later today...

Okay, then. I had thought you digitally painted the pic; it kinda has that 'painted' look.

I wonder how it would look if you printed it, then scanned it, to get one more level of deterioration... like a single frame from a surveillance camera might look.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back