Steampunk/Victorian Era Batman Cowl

BatTexan

Here's a link to the sculpt of this cowl: http://www.therpf.com/f62/pair-bat-cowl-sculpts-progress-150576/

The first pull, in sold black:
IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

And the same cowl, painted in a subtle blue and black, per John's request:
IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

Very pleased with how this cowl turned out, especially the cloth texture---can't wait to see John fully suited up in it!

Wow that is really awesome :D
Hey I don't know anything about steampunk so can I ask, what about this makes it steampunk?

Thanks guys!

And you're right, Vinchenzo, the cowl itself isn't necessarily steampunk or Victorian, but as part of the whole costume (especially with the goggles) it falls into that territory. I was actually thinking the cowl could fit into other, more modern interpretations of Batman . . .

Yeah, the cowl itself could easily fit into a modern batman suit, I cant wait to see it with the goggles though. I dont know whether or not you've covered this before, but what is the cowl made of?

Forgot to mention it in the first post, Vinchenzo---it's latex.

Zendragon, I'm sending this cowl out to John tomorrow. It was made to fit his 23" head---as soon as I verify that it fits him, I'll be posting in the junkyard.:D

Thanks guys!

And you're right, Vinchenzo, the cowl itself isn't necessarily steampunk or Victorian, but as part of the whole costume (especially with the goggles) it falls into that territory. I was actually thinking the cowl could fit into other, more modern interpretations of Batman . . .

Oh right I see it now! That is unbelievably cool :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back