Anyone ever do a Malmori fighter replica?

JMChladek

Sr Member
I was thinking back to the ships used in the film "Battle Beyond the Stars" (and half of the other Corman films that used stock footage from the film) and I keep looking at the Malmori fighter and thinking how I can recognize some elements of it. So I am wondering, has anyone researched the parts used in it?

I "think" the center section might use parts from the old Airfix Cosmic Clipper (sometimes referred to as Starcruiser 2), but I've never seen enough good screen caps to identify anything else found in that model. I've toyed with the idea of building a replica, but it probably won't happen for quite a while yet.

I think we had a thread on this a few years ago, IIRC I contributed a scan of a page from an old SFX book. Did you search for battle beyond the stars already?

I tried that, but I only found a couple discussions about Nell and the Hammerhead. Nothing about the Malmori fighter. I vaguely remember a topic about it, but I don't seem to be searching for the right term to pop it up in the search and picture searches don't seem to be much help either.

Some scans on another site:

GLENCOE Lunar Lander

Parts 13 & 17 are the wing-tip blaster cannon of the Malmori fighter. Specifically, the lower landing legs of the Moonship.

The Moonship girders were also used in the Valkyrie fighter on the top and ventral sides. The Moonship Command Modules were used - 12 of them! - as the cargo pod sides on Cowboy's hauler.

Last edited:
I see this beastie is bigger than I thought it was (although I should have assumed it was big to begin with). I am guessing the domes of the Lunar Lander also made up the front domes as well. Maybe one day I'll build this, but not anytime soon it seems. Thanks Joe!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back