Pirates Caribbean Ride Original Talking Jolly Roger reference??

avbat

I made this one a couple of years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ3bhpuQzHQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I got the audio off of another youtube video ,

Pirates of the Caribbean Talking Jolly Roger - YouTube

the Disney audio is at the end, its pretty clear.

hey all,

I have been wanting to make of these for a while much like these:

Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean Talking Jolly Roger 1967 Version - YouTube

Pirates of the Caribbean Talking Jolly Roger - YouTube

( IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO MADE THE ABOVE PROPS PLEASE SHOOT ME THEIR INFOR.IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!)

I really need a clean MP3 of the originally voice acting used for the skull. That will be my first step.

Pictures and any visual reference would be very helpful also! thanks all!!

They made an official one a few years ago for Disneyland's 50th Anniversary that was pretty great:

1915685933_827e394a61_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miehana/1915685933/

If you keep an eye out, they pop up on eBay every now and then.

I have seen those before. To me the skull specifically looks like an "artists interpretation" of what the real skull probably looked like. It is a neat piece, and I love Kevin and Jody's work, but I want to be a bit more accurate than this of course with the talking and sound effects too!

as of now I have a solid audio file I could use, and skull already picked out. making the base would be fairly easy and I think I know of some audio boards that I could use. I would have to make the hat though and do up the animatronics to sync with the audio.

Anyone have any advice on the audio animatronics that would be needed for this?

Anyone have the sort of standard Pirate hat pattern that would be used?

Also just wanted to add for those interested that I am now 95% sure that the skull for this prop was originally sculpted and that the one used up until they made the movie changes to the ride was probably derived from that original one.

If I decide to go through with this I will probably sculpt the skull to ensure the best chance at accuracy.

I would definitely be interested in the skull and animatronics/audio portion of this display if anyone happens to do a run!

I am almost 100% I can do a sculpt of this and get it looking pretty spot on. I have heard the Scary Terry board is good. I have also heard it can be noisy in clunky sounding? is this true?

I am almost 100% I can do a sculpt of this and get it looking pretty spot on. I have heard the Scary Terry board is good. I have also heard it can be noisy in clunky sounding? is this true?

Well the board it self just processes the signal to the servo, so I would ASSUME that it all depends on the servo and mechanics attached to it.

ok cool I will hit him up. I am mostly concerned with the servo wurring noise you sometimes hear on this like this. I definitely do not want that.

ok cool I will hit him up. I am mostly concerned with the servo wurring noise you sometimes hear on this like this. I definitely do not want that.

The servo noise is hard to get away from. Fast servo movements (as you would need for the jaw) seem louder because they have a higher pitch "wurring" noise.
But, if you can mount the servo in the skull with the linkage coming out to the jaw, you may be able to dampen the sound with some sort of insulation around it (carefully). Remember, there's going to be audio playing over it as well which will help.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back