"Watch Dogs" E3 2012 Gameplay

It does look amazing...I heard a rumor this will be running on the next gen systems?
Awesome options available for your character and I love the way he can interact with other non-essential characters!

I had originally heard that as well, though it was recently announced that the game would be releasing on PC, 360, and PS3. The PC version is what we see running in the demo video. I think it's safe to assume the console versions won't look quite as good (although I'm sure they'll still look awesome).

Looks gorgeous and makes me wonder what Deus Ex HR 2 (or the next installment of the Deus ex series) will look like if all companies suddenly try and hit this level of quality.

I had originally heard that as well, though it was recently announced that the game would be releasing on PC, 360, and PS3.
Some very nice BS by Ubisoft there.. lol. Here's what I think will happen: They'll announce the new consoles, within the next year. Ubisoft will suddenly change their tune, in the interest of "giving the gamer the best experience", scrap the X360/PS3 versions, and release it for next-gen.

Developers in general don't like having to make two completely different versions of a game. It's one thing to build it on a platform and then port it over to another system (that's what we've been getting for the last five years or so). But I don't think that's going to work with this game. There's way too much going on in those scenes for the current-gen consoles to handle, and I don't think they can simply "dumb it down" for the consoles.

Look at it this way.. there's plenty of games out there that are ported back and forth to PC, X360, and PS3. The PC version is generally superior because of the extra processing and graphics horsepower. But look closely at what's "better" about it. Higher resolution, increased framerate, better AA, maybe higher-res textures or something like tesselation thrown in. But on the whole, it's pretty much the same.. it's the same stuff going on under the hood, the PC is simply doing it better. Better, but not different.

In Watch Dogs, there's things going on that the current-gen consoles simply cannot do at all. Especially in the last section, the parts in the rain. That's some next-level **** right there.

On the whole, I think it's a good sign. Developers are starting to get tired of developing for eight-year old hardware, and they're pushing the limits, showing the hardware makers that they're ready for the next thing.

Some very nice BS by Ubisoft there.. lol. Here's what I think will happen: They'll announce the new consoles, within the next year. Ubisoft will suddenly change their tune, in the interest of "giving the gamer the best experience", scrap the X360/PS3 versions, and release it for next-gen.

Developers in general don't like having to make two completely different versions of a game. It's one thing to build it on a platform and then port it over to another system (that's what we've been getting for the last five years or so). But I don't think that's going to work with this game. There's way too much going on in those scenes for the current-gen consoles to handle, and I don't think they can simply "dumb it down" for the consoles.

Look at it this way.. there's plenty of games out there that are ported back and forth to PC, X360, and PS3. The PC version is generally superior because of the extra processing and graphics horsepower. But look closely at what's "better" about it. Higher resolution, increased framerate, better AA, maybe higher-res textures or something like tesselation thrown in. But on the whole, it's pretty much the same.. it's the same stuff going on under the hood, the PC is simply doing it better. Better, but not different.

In Watch Dogs, there's things going on that the current-gen consoles simply cannot do at all. Especially in the last section, the parts in the rain. That's some next-level **** right there.

On the whole, I think it's a good sign. Developers are starting to get tired of developing for eight-year old hardware, and they're pushing the limits, showing the hardware makers that they're ready for the next thing.

Actually, that console announcement was some unintentional BS on my behalf. I double checked the articles sources, and they all refer to the game's Wiki page. :facepalm Not credible at all.

I totally agree though. This isn't a game I could see running on current gen consoles, as you mentioned, there's just too much going on. And while my current PC rig is pretty hefty, I doubt it could run this game at the same quality shown in the demo video.

I could definitely see Sony and Microsoft fighting to get this game as a "console exclusive".

I'm actually waiting for the next generation of consoles to be announced before I decide on my next computer upgrade. I want my system to be at least comparable, and I want to make sure that whatever video card I buy has the features necessary to play the new console ports (DX12 or whatever new tricks they come up with that my current card can't do). Console hardware upgrades always see a jump in graphical fidelity across the board, including on PC, even though that platform hasn't changed.

I doubt my current card could run that game very well. I think it could do it, just not at a very good framerate. The card they were running it on is a full two generations past mine, and several iterations more powerful as well (690 vs. my 465).

Are you sure about the BS? I said that same thing to a guy at work last week, he also claimed that Ubi had announced PS360 release for the game. Maybe he read it on the Wiki.. lol.

Yeah, I can see them fighting it out over exclusivity, especially this early on. Although this won't be the only game that looks like (Star Wars 1313 is also quite pretty, and also running on high-end PC hardware). The good news is that, even when one console maker gets an "exclusive", it doesn't usually affect the PC version.

Actually, that console announcement was some unintentional BS on my behalf. I double checked the articles sources, and they all refer to the game's Wiki page. :facepalm Not credible at all.

I totally agree though. This isn't a game I could see running on current gen consoles, as you mentioned, there's just too much going on. And while my current PC rig is pretty hefty, I doubt it could run this game at the same quality shown in the demo video.

I could definitely see Sony and Microsoft fighting to get this game as a "console exclusive".

Well according to their interviews at the show it is to be released on consoles and PC in 2013 and i doubt any Next gen systems will be released, at that point they will probably be just getting announced.

Well according to their interviews at the show it is to be released on consoles and PC in 2013 and i doubt any Next gen systems will be released, at that point they will probably be just getting announced.

Right. And as Jedi2016 has already suggested, "They'll announce the new consoles, within the next year. Ubisoft will suddenly change their tune, in the interest of "giving the gamer the best experience", scrap the X360/PS3 versions, and release it for next-gen."

In my opinion, this sounds very likely to happen. For one, it's happened before. And two, i really can't see this game running on current gen consoles.

Right. And as Jedi2016 has already suggested, "They'll announce the new consoles, within the next year. Ubisoft will suddenly change their tune, in the interest of "giving the gamer the best experience", scrap the X360/PS3 versions, and release it for next-gen."

In my opinion, this sounds very likely to happen. For one, it's happened before. And two, i really can't see this game running on current gen consoles.

I don't see why it wouldn't run on the current consoles they may not be quite as powerful as a brand new top of the line gaming rig but they are still very powerful machines, I'm also not expecting them to scrap the PS3/360 versions at the announce of next gen either but that's just me.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back