David Blaine's Vertigo...

Staffbearer1

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find this jacket or something similar that David Blaine wore in his 2002 special?

davidblaine8.jpg

I've tried to find it for years and i'm coming up with nothing...

Thanks!

I'm not too worried about the crest on the jacket... but trying to find that style of jacket itself. I'm not sure what to search when trying to find something of that material and style.

I'm not sure where, as there are SO many subforums, but you may want to try asking your question over on The Magic Cafe

There are a lot of pro magicians who frequent the site and many people with connections who might be able to find out for you.

Good luck.

-Nick

Good luck getting anyone at the magic cafe to give you a good answer. If you can even register (you cant use a regular email address there)
My brother is working for Dan White (one of David Blaine's inner circle) I will see if he can give me a better idea of what he was wearing for this stunt.

Good luck getting anyone at the magic cafe to give you a good answer.

Yeah...they can be a bit abrasive at times. :lol

I used to have contacts that would have helped here, but sadly fell out of magic. Hopefully your connections can shed some light on the situation.

Glad to know we've got some other magic-connected members here.

-Nick

Ok so here's the story. I asked my brother, and he told me that a friend of David Blaine designed it specially for him. That was all the info he knew about it. He told me David mentioned it in his book which he says "I was wearing the same boots I wore for the ice stunt, medical stockings that were meant to reduce the threat of blood clots, a pair of comfortable pants, a long-sleeved shirt, and a hooded linen shirt that my friend had designed for me."
So unfortunately it doesn't look like you will be able to just buy one. But after watching video of him it is looking like a variant on a basic tunic design. You could make one your self with basic sewing skills.

This trimed down version of the special has lots of nice reference shots David Blaine's 'Vertigo' FULL, WITH FILLERS SKIPPED - YouTube

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back