Theatre craftsperson in need of 3-d drafting help!

astroboy

Master Member
Okay, this isn't as urgent as it may have sounded. I'm too far along on my project at this point.

I work in theatre and quite often have to build things without any drawings involved. Right now I'm building a life sized rolling trojan cow. Last month I built a rolling gondola.

The thing is, when it comes to doing odd 3-d shapes, I end up without any resources. Designers in our business simply don't have the resources, the chops, or the financial compensation to accurately draft out construction drawings that I can use.

For example...this cow.

What I've done is purchased an accurate 5" toy cow and made a grid pattern on it at the scale I need. I'm am now going to slice it apart on a band saw. From there, I will scale up the cross-sections and then create "ribs" out of plywood.

As you can imagine...it's a headache.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way (or company) would could scan my toy cow and do the work for me? It could save me a weeks' work if I could find someone who could do that for me.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back