Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

I blame the people who shoveled that crap into their mouths and chewed it happily as much as the guy who squatted and made the pile of crap.

This is how all these crap movies keep being made. Kids these days don't know what a good movie is because their parents never showed them any or they just like seeing explosions. As for people our age (30s and up) that go I dunno. Sadly I saw Armageddon but I didn't know any better back then :lol

This scares me... i'm still a huge TMNT fan. My husband and I both grew up with the movies and the television series.... so I hope they don't eff it up! lol Let's not have another TMNT III LMAO

Kevin Eastman Talks Ninja Turtles Movie | Superhero Hype

"MTV recently caught up with the Turtles' co-creator Kevin Eastman to talk abou the film and he offered some optimistic insight:
"From what I've seen, it's easily the best 'Turtle' movie yet. We're talking 'Raid: Redemption'-style fight scenes; we're talking about epic 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' sort of effects."

When asked about what the reasoning was behind the delay, Eastman offered: "A lot of people are worried we pushed the release date from December to May, but the 30th anniversary of the 'Turtles' is in May, so it worked out perfectly."

He was also asked his opinion on the changes being made to his creation for the sake of the film: "I know that Michael [Bay] and his group really like that and that Paramount was supportive of that, so I think that it's great. I grew up reading 'Captain America' and 'The Avengers' and all that stuff, and over the course of the comic book history, since 'Avengers' has been around, how many times has it been reinvented, reformatted, restructured, replatformed?"

Ninja Turtles is now slated for a May 16, 2014 release date."

I hope they are not going all CGI for Turtles. If it's more than just facial CGI, then looks like the villains like Foot Clan members (who were auditioned in 2009 as shown in the videos below) will be doing martial arts fighting with actors in green suit and I don't mean turtle skin or perhaps even no actors at all.

Rules: No metal or sharp weapons, stay on the mat and be done in 30 seconds

TMNT regulation 30sec audition - YouTube (1:21)
Clip of audition judges

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie Audition 2009 - YouTube (10:00)
Nice compilation with some cool TMNT themed music

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Audition shot by KAT of KAT TALES TV - YouTube (9:27)
Another compilation of clips

Ninja Neishon - TMNT Audition - YouTube (3:33)
Ninja Neishon

Last edited:
The problem I see with the alien change is that it wouldn't be "Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles" more like "Teenage ALIEN Ninja Turtles." So it would not even be the same franchise in some sense which may be why the film is only called "Ninja Turtles." Doesn't have the same ring to it. I sing the theme song in my head and can't bring myself to change mutant for alien or to completely eliminate the first two words. Let me guess, they aren't even teenage turtles they're adults too. I'm basically praying that the cause of postponing the film was to change the script a little and fix this alien business. (Obviously only taking away that the turtles are aliens; don't want them to take away the actual alien antagonists *wink*wink*)

Last edited:
I was soo excited for the last cartoon one that came out cause the trailer looked sick.. Then 10 min pass in the movie and i knew i wanted to get out

Ernie Reyes, Jr. "Ninja Turtles" Pitch Video

Ernie Reyes, Jr. Martial Arts Consultant NINJA TURTLES (2014) Pitch Reel on Vimeo
"Ernie Reyes, Jr. concept pitch to be the martial arts consultant for NINJA TURTLES (2014). Martial Arts Clips gathered to display the angle and velocity that Ernie wants to bring to the Ninja Turtles come-back film. Edited by Chancler Haynes."

Ernie Reyes, Jr. (Donatello's stunt double in TMNT 1, Keno in TMNT 2) has clips of his own on-screen performance in the video, but the rest are other examples to show the intensity of martial arts action the Turtles can display in the live action film.

Sadly no matter how the rest of the cast and crew break their necks to make it a good movie the fact that Bay is involved automatically cancels it out by his poor directing skills. Dude should just went into directing fireworks displays. The alien angle would be neat if they keep it to the source of the mutagen.

Thankfully Bay is not directing it, it's Jonathan Liebesman. Of course Bay's involvement as a producer could still very well affect the movie badly. I haven't seen any of Liebesman's films, so can't be sure whether he will be a good fit either. Still remaining optimistic about this film.

Well, it would be nice if Ernie Reyes Jr. got hired. It would certainly bring a style connection to the old movies, just amped up a bit. Seeing the '90s movie I'm still amazed by the maneuverability they were able to get out of those suits.

Bay should just go away. Honestly. Go far away.

Thankfully Bay is not directing it, it's Jonathan Liebesman. Of course Bay's involvement as a producer could still very well affect the movie badly. I haven't seen any of Liebesman's films, so can't be sure whether he will be a good fit either. Still remaining optimistic about this film.
well that is reassuring...not

with incredible movies like: texas chainsaw massacre the beginning, battle: LA, and wrath of the titans, how can he not be good

oh wait, all those movies were terrible suckfests
honestly, id rather have bay than him

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back