eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

need to stop the ss order :p

Per your request!

eFXThorHammer.jpg

Note that this is the Avengers version, not the Thor movie version. There are some slight differences.

Thanks!

Bryan

I already put a non-refundable deposit on my Sideshow order! But that's OK - I still like the original movie version.
Any word on what the hammer head is made out of? Price point?

I can definitely see myself going for both the CapAm shield and Thor hammer though I'm gonna be hoping for at least a few months between release dates to ease the wallet pain.

eFX are doing this right - they are releasing images of a product well before the movie comes out.
I was really surprised that this was not done for "Thor" - my thinking is that people are going to be more likely to purchase high-end collectibles like this when a movie is still "fresh" in their minds, like right after opening weekend.

Looks like the Iron Man helmet has been retooled slightly for the Mark VII. Can you guys confirm?

I'm seeing a wider scoop and an altered golden chin (the recess goes down instead of up now).

Yes, I'd like to see the backside of the shield.
I know sometimes withholding prices is part of business, but I think it would be fair to the collectors here to at least share some rough ideas of prices for these items so we can plan ahead for purchasing.

Seriously interested in what price point the shield will have. Interested in that. If it's more than one of the nice aluminum ones though, I'd rather go with metal over fiberglass.

Wow! That Thor hammer would be amazing to have. I have never been a uge fan of Cap but even I must admit that getting a hold of that shield would be cool.

There are two types of licensed prop replicas:
Type 1) A faithful copy of the original prop that was handled on set, made from the same materials and similar - if not exact - paint and construction techniques.
Type 2) A sterilized copy that has design, material and construction improvements and/or changes from what was originally used on-set.

I think eFX is doing all the right things here - making sure their prop replicas fall under the 'Type 1' description while also gearing up these releases well before the movie even hits.
It's all about striking the iron while its hot and in this hobby, money comes and goes for many of us so quickly it's sometimes a necessity to pass by some items because your money is just tied up in other purchases.
By teasing the release of these fine products in advance and given the quality and accuracy of eFX products, collectors can rest easy knowing that after we are (hopefully) blown away when we see The Avengers, we have a lineup of superior quality, faithful replicas coming our way.
Kudos to you eFX!! Rep points awarded...

Great news on the new hammer, I prefer it as it looks more ornate and less "sciencey" than the Thor movie version.

Looks like the Iron Man helmet has been retooled slightly for the Mark VII. Can you guys confirm?

I'm seeing a wider scoop and an altered golden chin (the recess goes down instead of up now).

That was the only difference between the Mark3 and the Mark6 the vent being more triangular, and the gold piece is still raised as you can see. It's actually most likely a separate piece to be plated and reattaced as the real lid was done.

IMlid.jpg

There are two types of licensed prop replicas:
Type 1) A faithful copy of the original prop that was handled on set, made from the same materials and similar - if not exact - paint and construction techniques.
Type 2) A sterilized copy that has design, material and construction improvements and/or changes from what was originally used on-set.

I think eFX is doing all the right things here - making sure their prop replicas fall under the 'Type 1' description while also gearing up these releases well before the movie even hits.
It's all about striking the iron while its hot and in this hobby, money comes and goes for many of us so quickly it's sometimes a necessity to pass by some items because your money is just tied up in other purchases.
By teasing the release of these fine products in advance and given the quality and accuracy of eFX products, collectors can rest easy knowing that after we are (hopefully) blown away when we see The Avengers, we have a lineup of superior quality, faithful replicas coming our way.
Kudos to you eFX!! Rep points awarded...

Excellent points.

Great news on the new hammer, I prefer it as it looks more ornate and less "sciencey" than the Thor movie version.

I was really disappointed when I learned they had changed Mjolnir from one movie to the next. I mean, what explanation can possibly be given for a change? Same Thor (same actor portraying him) just a different time frame. So, how does (in the Marvel world) a weapon that he's had from the get-go change it's appearance?

Regardless, I will admit that the newer version is growing on me.

That was the only difference between the Mark3 and the Mark6 the vent being more triangular, and the gold piece is still raised as you can see. It's actually most likely a separate piece to be plated and reattaced as the real lid was done.

IMlid.jpg

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant the center of the gold chin. Up to the Mark 6, there was a square/trapezoidal notch in the gold chin. Now the notch goes down. Does this make sense?

28rkyl1.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back