The Enterprise Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look,

I appreciate Steve Neill as much as anybody else here but him in a miniskirt is NOT something I want to see done in CGI! LOL

(Steve can be all the men on the show... Put Bridget Bardot, Marilyn Monroe, or leave Nichelle in the miniskirts, though...)

This is a nice topic Steve's begun but I would caution about the use of the term "Enterprise Project."

If you're familiar with Coast-to-Coast AM and Richard C. Hoagland then you might know where I'm heading there... A change in title might be appropriate just so there's no confusion over whether this is about Star Trek or little green men and government agency conspiracy theories.

I kind of like "Trekkin' " or "The Continuing Voyages" myself.

(I appreciated the slight change in the Enterprise Mission statement in Star Trek II. Getting rid of that five year stuff -- sounded kind of too Soviet to begin with -- and just stating it was a continuing [implied never-ending] mission was better IMHO.)

It looks like you could stick a butt warmer in there as well as a vibrator message device. As far as the whole thing goes. I say it is looking like it is taking shape.

Keep at it and hope to see the thing when it is finished.

Awesomeness! As usual.

After some playing with lighting/brightness/contrast etc. I can really see that looking like the TOS bridge...

On a different note - are those plans or the captains chair readily available somewhere? I've never seen those (that I can remember)

Jedi Dade

Steve,

Looking great. How heavy is the chair going to be? Are you doing the green-screen stuff there or do you have to move it? It looks heavey! lol.

Will

The plans are on this site somewhere.

If not write to me and I have the PDFs.

It turns on a low profile lazy Susan and has a center shaft as well. you'll see it in the video that's uploading now.

It's heavy but not over built like some you'll see. As always people seem to over do it and pick up another 60 lbs. It comes apart and yes I'll be shooting in the Garage.

Here's a couple of pictures for now. The white strip is a temp until I sheet this Madison under structure with Masonite tomorrow. Slotting the plywood worked and sure beat the hell out of waiting a few days to warp the ply.

More on that in the video and tomorrow. Arms and arm rests get built next then I have to clean up, putty and sand followed by primer.

Thanks guys,

Steve

IMG_7971.jpg

IMG_7970.jpg

Steve,
I may have missed it, but are you going to make the swivel in the chair "self correcting" where it returns to center when you get out of it? or will it be "free range" ?

Can't wait to see how you finish it

Do you plan to make the optional big throne back for this chair as seen in "Mirror Mirror" and on the bridge of the Lexington in "Ultimate Computer"? I've always liked that particular variation.

That back piece in Mirror Mirror comes off...it was an add on. It would make a cool piece for an addition to the Chair.
Mobius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back