Original costume: WIP (Pic Heavy)

burgerstrings

Hey guys, been surfing this site for a long time and absolutely love it. I've learned quite a few techniques and tricks from other users and i thankyou for sharing such things with the rest of us.

Ok, this is a piece that is based on the main character in a graphic novel i am creating. It's kinda like a gimmick or "advertisement" for my art booth, that's how it started anyway. Now i plan on making a short, live action trailer of my graphic novel. Enjoy

View attachment 54539View attachment 54540View attachment 54541View attachment 54542View attachment 54543View attachment 54544View attachment 54545View attachment 54546View attachment 54547View attachment 54548View attachment 54560

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Spiderkiller, think Alien's power loader meets iron Man. It's a life support system for the main character in my graphic novel.

Very cool. Kinda looks like the Powerloader got it on with one of those droids from I, Robot. Personally I prefer the paint job with the arrows on the chin area to the solid stripe.

thanks Wicked. I originally wanted to keep the arrows, but everyone was telling me that it looked way to much like a smile so i painted the second one solid. I like the smile though, so i kinda figured out how to keep it. Just have to wait and see the next paint job.

thanks Wicked. I originally wanted to keep the arrows, but everyone was telling me that it looked way to much like a smile so i painted the second one solid. I like the smile though, so i kinda figured out how to keep it. Just have to wait and see the next paint job.

Looks cool! :thumbsup

I'd love to see your graphic novel version that it's based on. Can you post a watermarked copy of one of your comic book cells with this character in it so we can see what you're working toward as a finished piece?

P.S. Your distressing on the helmet is AWESOME, btw! Fantastic Job!!!

thanks indie, right now i'm still working with a friend to knock out some kinks in the story so i don't have anything other than general sketches one of which is posted with the pics of the helmet.
I started on the helmet because to me it would be a thing to inspire me to write and draw whenever i looked at it.
Thanks again :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back