Looper (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Since this existing thread didn't have many pages of pre-release discussion, we will continue the post-release discussion along with spoilers here in the same thread.

The movie is getting released in some parts of world on Sept 27 including Australia, New Zealand (both where it's already Sept 27 toady), Greece and others.

Looper is not a sequel, prequel, remake, reboot or adaptation; it's a original sci-fi film by Rian Johnson and it has time travel. Go Watch It.

Exclusive: First Shot From Looper | Movie News | Empire
First picture from Rian Johnson's sci-fi Looper. One of my most anticipated films of 2012

EDIT:

Looper - Movie Trailers - iTunes
Looper Teaser Trailer

Rian Johnson's Looper Teaser HD - YouTube

poster-xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
A Looper?

A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama.

I read Looper and I immediately thought the booger eating kid from the original Bad News Bears. They win the game in the astrodome for him.

But Joe is no ordinary hitman. The hooded, bound victims he kills are sent back in time from 30 years in the future: he shoots them with a blunderbuss, burns the bodies, and all trace of the crime disappears. Life is pretty good for Joe, until one day a body arrives without a hood: it's his future self, played by Willis. And he's not going down without a fight...

:confusedSo....Bruce kills people that Someone from 30 years Into the future sends him. But then Someone sends the 30+ bruce back to be killed.
Bruce the actor is 56 years old and lets say he plays a guy that is 40 years! Then he needs to fight his 70 year old self.... or if he plays his 56 year old self he fights his 86 year old self....Don't seems to be a good fight :lol
But it seems to be a interesting movie. :thumbsup

I read Looper and I immediately thought the booger eating kid from the original Bad News Bears. They win the game in the astrodome for him.

I thought "Mister Looper" from Sesame Street (what Big Bird called Mister Hooper)

Dang it's weird what the brain digs up.

Look: Joseph Gordon-Levitt Eerily Resembles Bruce Willis in These New 'Looper' Images | Movie News | Movies.com
Hi-Res photos

Rian Johnson & Joseph Gordon-Levitt on the Looper panel also talk about time travel and time travel movies including Primer and BTTF

Your First Look At Joseph Gordon-Levitt As Young Bruce Willis In LOOPER| Badass Digest

"One of the things that struck me about the film is the way that Joseph Gordon-Levitt transformed into a young Bruce Willis. He's wearing some prosthetics, which you can see in these pictures, but the real heart of the performance can't be captured in just a photo. Levitt obviously studied a lot of Willis and really took the actor into himself. It's uncanny, and it's the kind of a performance hot young movie stars aren't supposed to give - it's completely transformative.

So enjoy these photos, but know that the trailer is coming online in a few weeks, and that'll give a better sense of how incredible JGL is in this movie."

Last edited:
I've become a huge Joseph Gordon Levitt fan of late. Hesher, 500 Days of Summer and 50/50 have all had very strong performances from JGL and the thing's he's trying to do with Hit Record Joe (an open collaborative production company) is pretty wild. Oddly, I've never seen an episode of his TV series.

My thoughts about Willis have deteriorated considerably after hearing about his ego and on set antics.

This movie intrigues me. Lately, time travel flicks haven't done a whole lot for me... but, movies like 12 Monkeys (with Willis and an amazing performance by Brad Pitt) and Donnie Darko prove to me that they can work - especially with strong stories and characters where time travel isn't over complicated with techno-babble.

The hype over Rian Johnson has me hooked as well. This is going up high on my want to see list... just under Prometheus and Avengers.

I am waiting till Thursday to view the full trailer, since the current clips are teasers for the teaser trailer. Well Rian refereed to it as vignettes, where they will be talking different aspects of the film with clips from the trailer, one more until the trailer release on Thursday. I hate this type of bits and pieces marketing, it is catching on though. Prometheus took it to a whole new level. But having Rian and JGL talk about the movie is better than just quick shots of the teaser trailer put together. But for most who are watching these teaser clips the full impact of the trailer will get lost by Thursday.

I enjoyed JGL's character on 3rd Rock from the Sun and he was great in 10 Things I Hate About You. Rian Johnson's brilliant debut film Brick really brought JGL back into the spotlight. After that I decided to check out his other movies like Manic and The Lookout, again both strong performances from JGL.

After the BTTF movies, 12 Monkeys, Donnie Darko and Primer are my favourite movies dealing with time travel.

Looking forward to so many movies this year, but no movie excites me like LOOPER this year.

I got to see the trailer at the WonderCon panel and while I walked in having never heard of Looper before (I think I was staying through for another panel) I walked away thinking that I might just have to see this movie. It sounds and looks pretty interesting and is definitely on my list of movies that I might likely see.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back