Judge Dredd Armor *Foam*

this build is amazing. I went to our local walmart but i couldn't find the foam :(
I'd love to know the brand so maybe I can order it online :)

edit: duh.. if only I looked 2 posts up.... :confused:):lol

Last edited:
So finally have the helmet done,and just in time!!
Few pics!!
DSC03374.jpg

DSC03375.jpg

DSC03376.jpg

DSC03377.jpg

DSC03378.jpg

DSC03379.jpg

This is such a bad ass build, brings back childhood memories. Awesome work!! especially for a foamy. Can't wait to see it all together.

I can't believe you did all that with foam! If it were shiny I would think this is right out of the movie. For future reference, I know everyone on here talks about resin or Plasti-dip for these foam builds. Those cost a lot of money. For those of us that do not have the resources: use Elmer's glue. You can thin it with water and paint it right onto the foam. When it dries it can be painted and it is still flexible with the foam so no cracking. You will get the same result as the plasti-dip but lighter weight. Just thought I would share.
Thank you for taking us through your build. I love posts like yours. It inspires all of us on this forum. :)

Do you have ratio of glue to water you can recommend for this?

Mod Podge will do this without thinning - it's a glue and sealer that dries clear and is nice and liquidy (sort of like 2-3 parts glue to 1 part water or so; not so thin it disappears, but not quite as thick as white glue alone)

Mod Podge will do this without thinning - it's a glue and sealer that dries clear and is nice and liquidy (sort of like 2-3 parts glue to 1 part water or so; not so thin it disappears, but not quite as thick as white glue alone)

I have thought about trying Mod Podge but my issue with it is that it is expensive if you have to do 4-5 coats for anything. You can get a gallon of Elmer's at Dick Blick for $13 which would be the price of two tiny bottles of Mod Podge.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back