Game of Thrones

In case some of you missed it, during TBotB while arrows were raining down, not one scratch on him, I mean not one. In fact a hail of arrows formed a ring around him. I'd say there's definitely divine intervention going on.

For that matter, he was also always able to see someone coming at him from behind or otherwise out of his line of sight just in time to parry their attack or counterattack into their attack, it's like he had his own version of Spidey-senses or the Force. Aside from having his horse shot out from underneath him and nearly being crushed to death towards the end, he came out of the battle pretty much unscathed.

For that matter, he was also always able to see someone coming at him from behind or otherwise out of his line of sight just in time to parry their attack or counterattack into their attack, it's like he had his own version of Spidey-senses or the Force. Aside from having his horse shot out from underneath him and nearly being crushed to death towards the end, he came out of the battle pretty much unscathed.

Good thing bear island showed up. With out one of their shields, Jon would have been hit by all Ramsey's arrows at the end. But really, they could have let him get a little more beat up. Atleast walk with a limp after the battle or have an arm wrapped up. Maybe ice down that fist that he used on Ramsey's face. Pull a hammy from running so much, should have stretched 1st. Anyway, yeah he seems to be protected, maybe fire lady was doing some chat into a fire to make a spell to protect him.

What the hell man?!?!

I can't get all teary-eyed at work, they'll know I'm not working on what I'm supposed to be!

:lol

Man I gotta rewatch this series again...

giphy.gif

if they only have 13 shows left, I wish they would just take a little more time and combine them into one 13 episode season that just starts in the fall instead of summer or something like that.

10 episodes already is short enough and it would only be 3 more episodes they would have to tack on.

I'd heard it would premier in the fall, so I find this news disappointing in the extreme. When the hell am I going to get a premier where I can actually sit down and enjoy hearty winter fare alongside my Take the Black stout?!

I think the reason they're not combining them into one season is probably budgetary. They're going to HAVE to show the dragons and walkers more these last two seasons, so they'll want to maximize the amount of money they have for each episode.

I'm fine with them taking the time they need to do it right rather than stick to some arbitrary date. Kind of reminds me of how the last few seasons of the Sopranos were released, so there is precedence for this on HBO.

The delay will be due solely to the number and complexity of the visual effects shots. That's the reason the seasons are written the way that they are, with the heaviest VFX episodes left until the very end. Given, as firesprite points out, that the two armies of the living and the dead will soon to start warring in the North, I imagine the next season will be how the Seven Kingdoms come together , who gets the dragons, with possibly the wall falling at the end of it, followed by the last season which will be the actual battle in the North. So I imagine we will get some new things like dead mammoths and giants, maybe some ice creatures to combat the dragons fire, which will take a huge amount of time to get done. Remember, we are talking seven hours of screen time, not a two hour movie, so to do it justice they have to take their time with it, which is fine by me. Every year I watch the entire series before the new season is released and (with the exception of the first seasons dire dog wolves) the sheer high quality consistency of the show is astonishing strong. To have maintained it with the same cast (well ,be it an every changing one I guess) is nothing short of a miracle. Give them the time to deliver the brilliance that we have come to expect of them.

The delay will be due solely to the number and complexity of the visual effects shots. That's the reason the seasons are written the way that they are, with the heaviest VFX episodes left until the very end. Given, as firesprite points out, that the two armies of the living and the dead will soon to start warring in the North, I imagine the next season will be how the Seven Kingdoms come together , who gets the dragons, with possibly the wall falling at the end of it, followed by the last season which will be the actual battle in the North. So I imagine we will get some new things like dead mammoths and giants, maybe some ice creatures to combat the dragons fire, which will take a huge amount of time to get done. Remember, we are talking seven hours of screen time, not a two hour movie, so to do it justice they have to take their time with it, which is fine by me. Every year I watch the entire series before the new season is released and (with the exception of the first seasons dire dog wolves) the sheer high quality consistency of the show is astonishing strong. To have maintained it with the same cast (well ,be it an every changing one I guess) is nothing short of a miracle. Give them the time to deliver the brilliance that we have come to expect of them.
Yup. Totally. Bear in mind that the Battle of the Bastards alone cost $10 million. The battle, not the episode.

I'm still avoiding most of this thread because I'm still not quite through with season 5, but does anyone else think Littlefinger might would make a good Reed Richards?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back