My Transforming Bumblebee Costume

BumblebeeRecycd

Hello All, This is my first time detailing a costume build, so please bear with me. My goal is to build a Giant Transformer(Bumblebee) that actuality Transforms. My final height should be about 7'8", with car mode about 5'6".
Gimmicks include Arm extensions with fully controllable fingers, silly string guns,lasers( of course ),a powerful PA system,Stilts,built in videocammra and a light system based on Lighttape( for a Tron inspired look ). If I meet my goals, I will be able to transform in a smooth transition with no outside help(Bot/Car/Bot/Car) dropping up and down while wearing stilts. Another goal is to be self sufficient, getting into/out of my costume by myself, going up/down stairs and escalators, and handling all terrains without pause or worries. Many parts of the costume will transition from form to form with no more force than my dropping to the ground. I know this sounds impractical, but I have a video log showing my progress so far.
YouTube - How to build your Own Transforming Bumblebee Transformer costume
I can be found on You Tube under" Extreme Costumes", or Facebook under the same name. I will be making updates about once a week, and hope to show off some of the skills I have learned both at home and here at RPF. I am hoping for both feedback and ideas to help me overcome the most complicated costume EVER( for me ).
I am building a Transforming Bot, because when I made my first Bumblebee....all I heard was " But can he Transform? ". I do not believe you should portray a Giant robot without being Giant, and the obsticals in building a shape changing Bot while wearing stilts are HUGE. I now belive I can overcome these challenges, and with your help, we can make the Coolest Giant Transforming Bumblebee--and just add LightTape...BumbleTron :love

Very, VERY, cool. Very ambitious as well--can't wait to watch and see the updates and progress on this. What is your deadline on getting it done?

I am shooting for end of March, but progress is going well, so I may beat that. I now have the mechanism to force the rear quarter of the car to drop into position..all I have to do is drop to my knees and the rear drops into place. Now to make the other leg do the same. I also have the skeletons for both forearms done, with fully articulated fingers, I only have to replace the strings with a flexible cables. The next video is being edited now, showing the leg action :)

Wow, that's a seriously impressive project and it looks like it's coming along great so far. I look forward to following the rest of the build. Keep the vids coming :)

Out of interest, what are you planning on doing about the wheels and mobility whilst in car mode? (i.e. Are you going to have working wheels? I assume they wont be "real" car tyres because of the weight) or are you planning on being static?)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back