I'm back: Iron-Man MKXVI "Nightclub" *files coming soon*

ironmaided

Sr Member
Hey there! Its been a while since I last posted here, and I know some people are looking for me, I received some hate messages from some people regarding this and that without knowing what really happened to me this past months.

Main reason was, my mom died due to complications from food poisoning. I lost motivation on everything I love doing, specially cosplaying and armor/prop crafting.
Second reason, I'm looking for an alternative way to keep all those last commissioned suits arrived to their owners, mostly for alburybatman, supermanjp and rico.
Rico's suit arrived but albury's still in transit apparently, and I still need to save enough for supermanjp's replacement parts for his mk43, and because of that, I made him another suit for free, with me shouldering the shipping fee.
Third Reason, which may link from the main and second reasons, I was battling deppression and PTSD, I always get anxiety attacks every 3-4 hours every day and thats not funny, so I just wanted to address for all those haters, and for all those who messaged me here and my email without knowing or understanding my situation. Thank you, you guys made me come back here.

And now for the comeback post.

I'm here because I wanted to share my comeback personal project after these past months of absence.

Remember this guy?

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=204871

I build most of him almost 2 years ago during the Iron-Man 3 Iron Legion Hype.

And using scrap foam lying around my old workshop, (oh I forgot, I moved to a different workstation/location because some of my neighbors have been very pissed whenever I spray inside my shop, which is weird because the fume stays indoors)
and left over paint from my Mark 43 commissions last april. The led units are also from scrap christmas lights. The shoes are from my mark 6 way back 2011, and the gloves are from my mark 7.

And here it is now, completed. There's some mishaps and obviously not the best ironman suit i made but I'm still proud the fact that this is a scrap build, I haven't attached any LEDs on the shoulder and back because of lack of funds, I literally build this guy from scratch and scraps.

0020151213_183207.jpg

0020151213_202650.jpg

0020151213_202517.jpg

0020151213_202450.jpg

0020151213_192851.jpg

b54op1.jpg

33a8f2g.jpg

2vce4r7.jpg

2cprqf6.jpg

vqlbx5.jpg

sb3ksi.jpg

I know, the paint job isn't accurate to the movie version since I'm working on limited resources.

Here's some W.I.P. pics of the suit, I finished it last Sunday Morning just in time for a local Christmas Toy Event sunday afternoon.

qq5t7m.jpg

27y1us8.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The helmet file I'm using here is the locked version 3 of SmookBMD (if i remembered and spelled his user name correctly) which he gave me a year ago.

And for those who will ask for the pep file. I'm using the low poly mk16 lurking around google. And when I started the project 2 years ago, I totally used the undetailed upper body parts for the costume, and free handed the details.
But just last week when I decided to revive the project, I work on detailing the model, for costuming purposes. Here's some shots of the modified file. It's not perfect but it will work depending on your skill, this file by the way is for foam and paper builds.

16621_910906582325135_7544011675825026403_n.jpg

12342289_910906585658468_1096826639188190352_n.jpg

12376239_910906578991802_2771272897395725747_n.jpg

I will release the detailed file after I finished detailing the chest and back area and also the arms, I'm still doing those parts at the moment. So for the mean time, I will not release any parts yet.
Those files will be locked, but I will upload different scales for it. And oh, the helmet, gloves, fingers and the boots will not be included in the file packages.

Thank you for reading this boring thread of mine. I guess I'm back on track. Will update the thread soon when I finished detailing and unfolding the files.

Peace. :)

Last edited:
IronMaided,welcome back to the RPF.I am sorry to hear about your loss and offer you my deepest sympathy for your mother's passing.There's nothing anyone can do or say to take your grieve away,but know we're here to support you in your time of mourning.
I know about the difficulties in 'handling' PTSD and depression.All things considered after what happened to you lately,I would say that you are doing great by venting through creativity.There's an enormous (liberating) power in creative expression,and so by all means: keep doing that.
I am sure that you will be able to pick up where you left off,even if it's a few hours a day to start with.If you can,go for a walk every day and clear your mind while surrounded by nature.You'll return back home replentished.
Take good care of yourself

Last edited:
Ironmaided,
I am so glad you are back. Sorry for your loss and I hope you will continue your amazing work. I apologize if I or anyone else pushed you too hard during your time of grief. As someone who has struggled with severe depression and loss I hope you will know that you are not alone in this world and that reaching out will bring you worlds of people who will help in your time of darkness. I wish you well my friend.
John
P.S. Your Suit is AMAZING!!!!!!!

Welcome back bro! Glad to see you're overcoming all those hardships, I know it can be tough. Keep hope alive and God bless.

Mabuhay!

IronMaided,welcome back to the RPF.I am sorry to hear about your loss and offer you my deepest sympathy for your mother's passing.There's nothing anyone can do or say to take your grieve away,but know we're here to support you in your time of mourning.
I know about the difficulties in 'handling' PTSD and depression.All things considered after what happened to you lately,I would say that you are doing great by venting through creativity.There's an enormous (liberating) power in creative expression,and so by all means: keep doing that.
I am sure that you will be able to pick up where you left off,even if it's a few hours a day to start with.If you can,go for a walk every day and clear your mind while surrounded by nature.You'll return back home replentished.
Take good care of yourself

I gave up cycling when my mom died. It was a mistake, after a year I went back. Condolences my friend...GM

Ironmaided,
I am so glad you are back. Sorry for your loss and I hope you will continue your amazing work. I apologize if I or anyone else pushed you too hard during your time of grief. As someone who has struggled with severe depression and loss I hope you will know that you are not alone in this world and that reaching out will bring you worlds of people who will help in your time of darkness. I wish you well my friend.
John
P.S. Your Suit is AMAZING!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you are back. Keep your head up, it gets easier one day at a time!

-d

Welcome back bro! Glad to see you're overcoming all those hardships, I know it can be tough. Keep hope alive and God bless.

Mabuhay!

Thanks guys. I appreciate all those kind words. Makes me want to build more again. :)

An update though for the Mark 16 files. I've finished detailing the shoulder bells. I'm still working on the back piece at the moment. Here's some shots and trial to pepakura designer. By the way, I don't know if I said this already but this will be for the good old paper build and the mainstream foam build (and maybe for 3D Printing if I able to solidify this on blender)

12377528_914788605270266_2243946471654878510_o.jpg

Here's a close up of the detailed shoulders.

1850_914791225270004_158204336624264617_n.jpg

I'll try to finish the back and the arms soon. Hopefully I can release the files before New Year's Eve.

Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:
Glad to see that you're back doing awesome work as always. Condolences for the loss of your mother, sending good vibes and positive thoughts your way bud. Stay busy and keep moving forward:)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back