Screenused Frogs from Magnolia

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
These... are awesome! I actually picked them up for an unrelated costume that I will be wearing at Comic Con... but hey, they are screen used, so why not show them off. They are disgustingly sticky and VERY heavy! Pretty awesome!

screenused-magnolia-frogs.jpg

They look like they're made of the same stuff as the Whacky Wall Walkers that were in cereal boxes when we were kids. Actually it looks like they could use a good wash.

I bought a "hero" frog off ebay. They are really nicely done. They must have literally made a ton for the movie. You have to think when what went through the prop department's head when they hear "oh, I guess we need three two thousand frogs...."

There were literally hundreds maybe a couple of thousand of these made. Cast in Hot Melt Vinyl.
I know, I painted a huge portion of them for XFX way back when... What was it? 14 years ago...

There were literally hundreds maybe a couple of thousand of these made. Cast in Hot Melt Vinyl.
I know, I painted a huge portion of them for XFX way back when... What was it? 14 years ago...

Cool to know what they are made of. They are very sticky and don't hold up particularly well, but the material they are made of is absolutely perfect for a realistic look and movement.

I was waiting for a video of one hitting the wall and walking down it end over end lol.

So, back in 2000, I was actually employed by Steve Johnson's XFX, and worked in the storage unit/archives. One of my task was to clean off a bunch of these, get rid of the "blood" that covered them. I actually got bored, and every couple or so, I'd flick a small frog up against the wall by the sink. They ARE actually made out of the same material as those wall walkers, and I did have a talking to about treating them as such.

Good stuff. Thanks for that memory.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back