Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

• It was disappointing.

• Total voters

kalkamel

Master Member
silly-poster-released-for-will-ferrell-and-john-c-reillys-holmes-and-watson1.jpg

Talladega Nights meets Without A Clue?

Those two are hit and miss for me. Talidega nights amuses me to no end, but step brothers just isn't my jam.

Either way, it's gonna make a lot of people happy; hoping I'm one of them.

Last edited:
Those two are hit and miss for me. Talidega nights amuses me to no end, but step brothers just isn't jam.

Either way, it's gonna make a lot of people happy; hoping I'm one of them.

I'm just the opposite, love Step Brothers, am so so with Taledega Nights.

I love Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson, I have the complete Sir Arthur Conan Doyle collection. The RDJ and Jude Law movies are decent, not great and don't quite live up to expectations based on the books (but what does?), but I can watch them with enjoyment. This, I'm not so sure about.

Will Ferrell is funny, but I like his more serious roles a lot better. Stranger than Fiction and Everything Must Go are both really good. Had to watch Everything must go twice, since the entire first viewing I was waiting for the funny part. It's a drama, which I did not know going in.

I'm just the opposite, love Step Brothers, am so so with Taledega Nights.

I love Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson, I have the complete Sir Arthur Conan Doyle collection. The RDJ and Jude Law movies are decent, not great and don't quite live up to expectations based on the books (but what does?), but I can watch them with enjoyment. This, I'm not so sure about.

Will Ferrell is funny, but I like his more serious roles a lot better. Stranger than Fiction and Everything Must Go are both really good. Had to watch Everything must go twice, since the entire first viewing I was waiting for the funny part. It's a drama, which I did not know going in.
I absolutely adore Stranger Than Fiction. First thing i did after seeing it was go an buy myself a Timex Ironman watch, still wearing it. For that film, I'm always prepared to give Ferrell a chance.

I know Sherlock Holmes is hardly sacrosant, but.. this fills me with dread..

There's an entire generation that will never read a Sir Arthur Conan Doyle book that thinks the RDJ/Jude Law movies define Sherlock Holmes.
That's what fills me with dread.
This is just another dumb comedy - no one will even remember it this time next year.

There's an entire generation that will never read a Sir Arthur Conan Doyle book that thinks the RDJ/Jude Law movies define Sherlock Holmes.
That's what fills me with dread.
This is just another dumb comedy - no one will even remember it this time next year.
Very good point. An iconic Englishman, played by an American. That's the Hollywood way.

And iconic American characters are played by English actors all the time. I personally love Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly together. While not every one of their movies was 100% for me, I'm willing to give it a shot.

My wife is a die hard Holmes fan and almost yearly reads her unabridged collected works of Sir Athur Conan Doyle. She is excited to see what they do with this.

We love Cumberbatch as Holmes too, but to me personally he isn't a character that is so sacred that he couldn't be spoofed, which is in itself s form if flattery.

Wow, that looks.... horrible. Purile unfunny humour, with gags that seemed old when Naked Gun did them in the ‘80s. It’s a ‘no’ from me.

They have taken everything great about Sherlock Holmes, and NOT put it in that movie!

Maybe bacause i’ve Recently entered the list of professional Holmes writers, I may be jaded, but this movie looks horrid!

It’s what crap wants to be when it grows up!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back