Thor: Ragnarok

I just hope the GOTG characters don't get the shaft when they finally come to Earth.

You'd think Star lord would have a very emotional moment finally coming home, and it makes one wonder why he didn't try long before then. could be a fun story point.

Dude you sour pusses have no idea whats cool, that looks like a ton of FUN! All the neon, and the 80's vibe, and Thor being Thor! Im excited to hear how they explain how hulk got there, and its a loose adaptation of planet hulk, which was an awesome story. I cant freaking wait for this. GotG doesnt have the monopoly on cool aliens and space stuff guys. Normally Im not a fan of a pop song for a trailer, but this one worked. The trailer did what its supposed to do; get me excited for the movie!!!

Also, see how color makes things look cooler? DC should take a hint from that. Maybe Zack Snyder is color blind... :confused

Just stuck the Immigrant song on and had Led Zeppelin blasting out the speakers front and back with the trailer !!!! Unreal!!!!! (But in a very good way. Even the lyrics work!!!)

well ofc it makes sense to have a similar tone to gotg. din't say i din't like it btw just stated the tone and applaude it. would have ofc preferred to have the planet hulk story line as a separate movie but they might just make it work. was def a trailer that left me wanting to see it asap but also to avoid future trailers. feels like ive seen enough now incase they would show too much as most tend to do these days...

"He's a friend from work!"........:lol

I love this trailer. Just trying to figure out why and how Skurge has an M-16 and an MP5.

skurge.jpg

Can't buy those at the Space Store.

Last edited:
Only thing is . . .

Immigrant song, again, really?

I mean, it's a great song. Totally love LedZepp!

But it's been used for a thousand trailers, and as of late most notably Wonder Woman, (which isn't even out yet!) kind of a ripoff choice as I associate immigrant song with the WW ad campaign. (Maybe that's just Zimmer ripping of those first few notes), and they could both easily fit within each other's universes when it comes to wardrobe.

Still, it works and if Marvel can get away with stealing some of WW's thunder, I guess it's actually a smart choice, but still . . .

Anyways, I look forward to seeing both movies!

Last edited by a moderator:
- - - Updated - - -

I believe it was part of that whole Oliver North deal.

Reagan's real "Star Wars" program. Nuke shield was just a cover story.

Really though, I'm curious what will be the movies justification. I know in the comics there is a panel like this were he is fighting Ares, but that's the comics. Hela giving Thor a vision of war on Earth maybe?

@Krull
Who confirmed Guardians in Ragnarok?

Who knows, they can just paint them out for the theatrical release. They already do it Spiderman and Black Panther's costumes, a couple guns would be a piece of cake

Only thing is . . .

Immigrant song, again, really?

I mean, it's a great song. Totally love LedZepp!

But it's been used for a thousand trailers, and as of late most notably Wonder Woman, (which isn't even out yet!) kind of a ripoff choice as I associate immigrant song with the WW ad campaign. (Maybe that's just Zimmer ripping of those first few notes), and they could both easily fit within each other's universes when it comes to wardrobe.

Still, it works and if Marvel can get away with stealing some of WW's thunder, I guess it's actually a smart choice, but still . . .

Anyways, I look forward to seeing both movies!

I think it's wholly inappropriate for WW. Themiscyra/Themyscira (real-world versus DC spellings) is hardly what I'd call "a land of ice and snow", and she's not remotely interested in ruling over the outside world or Valhalla. The lyrical content does, however, fit Loki to a T. So I'm gonna side with its use in the Ragnarok teaser, here.

--Jonah

Great to see Thor with a helmet again. This looks fun! Anyone else think that Heimdel looked like Bishop from Xmen?
Dude. Yes. I was clamoring for Idris Elba to be Bishop since the damn DOFP concept art was released, instead they got some no name clown that didnt do anything. Then again I guess its good they didnt cast him because he would have been wasted.

And yes, I was like "its about damn time they put a helmet on him". I wonder if Ironhead did this one. Im so hyped about this movie. Waiting til november is going to be hard.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back