Sam Shepard, dead at 73

Re: Sam Sheppard, dead at 73

Loved him. Read many of Sam's plays and always enjoyed him on screen.

Too soon, Sam, too soon. Rest easy.

Loved his work in The Right Stuff and a play he wrote years ago about two brothers called True West that I saw on PBS (been trying to find it ever since — it featured amazing performances by Gary Sinise and John Malkovich).

A truly gifted actor and writer. RIP Sam Shepard.

Sam Sheppard, dead at 73

Loved his work in The Right Stuff and a play he wrote years ago about two brothers called True West that I saw on PBS (been trying to find it ever since — it featured amazing performances by Gary Sinise and John Malkovich).

A truly gifted actor and writer. RIP Sam Shepard.

TELL ME ABOUT IT. That PBS broadcast of True West was an amazing bit of theater, and was "the right stuff" to start careers for Malkovich and Sinise. So good I watched the repeat few nights later.

As a boy growing up in San Francisco, Shepard was known around the area, particularly after DAYS OF HEAVEN came out. I think I'll have to watch that and THE RIGHT STUFF this week. (Criterion Collection has a great BD of the former.)

TELL ME ABOUT IT. That PBS broadcast of True West was an amazing bit of theater, and was "the right stuff" to start careers for Malkovich and Sinise. So good I watched the repeat few nights later.

Finally! I've mentioned that show to several people over the years but you're the first one who knew what I was talking about.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back