Overworld Designs aka Michelle Sleeper - BAD DEAL!

Dalroi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all,

Can anyone help in tracing/contacting Michelle Sleeper (RPF name: msleeper) as she has dropped off the radar and is not responding to PMs.

I paid Michelle $150 on 22nd January 2016 in respect of a Quake 2 blaster kit she was producing (see Blaster Pistol (Quake 2) - Molding done, test casts pulled thread).

After a number of PMs assuring me that all was going well with casting etc. Michelle's last PM (dated 8th April 2016) stated that I would receive a tracking number and the kit would be shipped to me by Monday 10th April.

Since then, Michelle has not replied to my PMs, I haven't received a tracking number and the repeatedly promised kit hasn't arrived.

I would appreciate any help that can be provided as I, in common with most of us I'm sure, can't simply "write off" $150 of my hard-earned money.

I even joined Facebook just to send her a message via her page (Overworld Designs) asking her to contact me as a matter of urgency. Still no response.

Mods - If this thread is in the wrong section, please let me know.

Thanks in anticipation... Dalroi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Need to contact MSLEEPER - Kit/Refund owed, help needed!

Hope she's alright and just really busy. seems like a very good person. but that can change in a heart beat here...hope all works out...

Put in a Paypal dispute. You have six months from the time of payment.
Of course if you paid as a gift, suck it up and accept that you will never see your money again and there is nothing you can do about it.

Have a a great day!
- Mr. Sunshine :D

Thanks for the information, I didn't know that the time limit for PayPal disputes was that long!

I never pay as a gift unless it is genuine - Just call me Mister Old-Fashioned...

Dalroi.

Sadly that is the best recourse and means to get things done these days. File your PayPal dispute and I bet within the first hour of that despute you will be contacted by her. It happens all the time... As soon as they see you are seriously taking your money back, they contact you and the excuses fly. Do not close the dispute when she contacts and do not fall for any excuse. Leave the dispute open until the item is delivered and examined to your satisfaction. If it never shows up, then let the dispute take its course and collect your money.

Well, one can only hope...

Dalroi.

Well, I have started the first part of the PayPal dispute (sending a message to Michelle), and am awaiting a long-overdue response.

I feel more disappointed than anything as I have bought (and sold) many times on the RPF with only one or two problems from unscrupulous sellers.

Naïve, I know, but I really would have hoped that honesty would be a given in a community of enthusiasts.

Yes, yes I also believe in Santa Clause, fairies at the bottom of the garden etc. :rolleyes

I will update this thread with developments, any further help will be gratefully received.

Dalroi.

It's kind of surprising as she was on here all the time and then nothing.

I'm sure you will get all sorts of excuses since you filed the claim.

Get your money back and move on.

Looks like another needs to be banned... :unsure

Still nothing from Michelle re: the PayPal dispute.

Dalroi.

Sad to say look like it's all quiet on the scammers front.

Keep us posted

Follow through with your claim, and just get your money back and call it a day. Report this to the mods and let them handle things from this point.

Good advice.

As I haven't done it before - How would I report this to the Mods?

Dalroi.

why can't people be good? now i have to kick someone off my friends list. still could be life problems tho...

Yes, I considered "life problems" but considering that I paid for the item in January that isn't an excuse that I would now accept as valid...

Dalroi.

Good advice.

As I haven't done it before - How would I report this to the Mods?

Dalroi.
On your first post above, just click the "report post" link and write up a summary. That's all you need to do.

Thanks for that! :thumbsup

Dalroi.

No response from Michelle whatsoever.

I've now escalated with PayPal.

Dalroi.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back