Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

I'm a huge BB fan, but I don't think the song goes with video very well, other than maybe the title. bears don't match the flow of the images enough, and in some places the tone is just way off the visuals.:wacko:

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I'm a huge BB fan, but I don't think the song goes with video very well, other than maybe the title. bears don't match the flow of the images enough, and in some places the tone is just way off the visuals.:wacko:

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I get that "fusion" seems to be trendy these days, but some genres should never be mixed.

I kind of take the video as making fun of JJ's involvement in both ST and SW. (Yes, I know JJ isn't involved with "Rogue One" but still.)

Last edited:
I had a random thought today when I saw a pic of the AT-ACTs in this movie. Are the AT-AT drivers we saw in ESB wearing cold weather gear or is that regular gear?

Seems like overkill but I figure the AT-AT drivers were wearing their standard gear. Veers is not wearing cold weather gear, as noted above, and I figure AT-ATs surely have a sealed, climate controlled interior. The helmet Veers is wearing is very similar to the ones the AT-ST drivers wear.

I say they'll be wearing shoretrooper armor on top, with Bermuda shorts on the bottom... ;)

don't give them ideas.... we'll be having robots having a barbecue next ;o)

images1.jpg

Seems like overkill but I figure the AT-AT drivers were wearing their standard gear. Veers is not wearing cold weather gear, as noted above, and I figure AT-ATs surely have a sealed, climate controlled interior. The helmet Veers is wearing is very similar to the ones the AT-ST drivers wear.

What do they wear on casual Friday?

CLOSE!

Same TK faceplate, same fighter pilot helmet back cap... But there are more differences.

Interesting question... we'll see what they do!

Hopefully they will just have different pilots as opposed to botching another OT design throwing the look of continuity out the window.

The helmets used in the film were simply painted for that scene

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Without getting too far into my breakdown of the divisions within Imperial ranks that can actually be gleaned from watching Star Wars and Empire (and even, to a degree, Jedi, despite the hash it made of established uniforms)...

We see Stormtroopers in white battle dress armor, black garrison uniforms, black flight suits, and gray armored-vehicle operator suits. We see Imperial Starfleet personnel in their steingrau (olive khaki/gray-green) uniforms, both single- and double-breasted (unknown if that is enlisted and commissioned, or Class A and Class B, or what). We see a technical division somewhat analogous to the Construction Battalion that has a light gray jacket and black breeches and cap (no, not the Imperial Security Bureau guys in the off-white-jacket uniform that is similar while being of a different cut entirely) for the officers and gray jumpsuit for the enlisted (the scanner techs in ANH, the AT-ST drivers in ROTJ...).

One of my constant worries is that the Story Group and/or Dave Filoni will misinterpret what John Mollo (and, to a degree, Nilo Rodis) gave us to work with. He already misinterpreted ISB dude Wulff Yularen in ANH to be a Grand Admiral, hence having him a "mere" Admiral in Clone Wars. When the mistake was pointed out to him, he changed the character's story to be that after the declaration of Empire, Yularen left the Starfleet and joined the newly formed ISB. Now in Rebels he gave us ISB Agent Kallus... not wearing the off-white-with black pants-and-cap uniform we saw in ANH. And now I'm worried about Rebels' season 3. The lighting is so dim I can't tell if he's given Thrawn the correct all-white outfit (even if those "epaulets" look horrid and nothing like the previously-established EU version) or continuing with the misinterpretations and giving him black breeches a la the ISB. Same concern I have with Director Krennic in this film -- it's a traditional "Imperial Starfleet" cut to the jacket, but the off-white color and black breeches is ISB. Oh, dear... And also with Rebels, we now have Wedge being introduced... wearing a Stormtrooper pilot flight suit and helmet. I was hoping more attention would be paid to the EU, there, with the Imperial Starfleet pilot gear we saw in the 181st (albeit with a different helmet).

This is what happens when more than one brain is working on something over time. You get communications breakdowns. *sigh*

--Jonah

Without getting too far into my breakdown of the divisions within Imperial ranks that can actually be gleaned from watching Star Wars and Empire (and even, to a degree, Jedi, despite the hash it made of established uniforms)...

We see Stormtroopers in white battle dress armor, black garrison uniforms, black flight suits, and gray armored-vehicle operator suits. We see Imperial Starfleet personnel in their steingrau (olive khaki/gray-green) uniforms, both single- and double-breasted (unknown if that is enlisted and commissioned, or Class A and Class B, or what). We see a technical division somewhat analogous to the Construction Battalion that has a light gray jacket and black breeches and cap (no, not the Imperial Security Bureau guys in the off-white-jacket uniform that is similar while being of a different cut entirely) for the officers and gray jumpsuit for the enlisted (the scanner techs in ANH, the AT-ST drivers in ROTJ...).

One of my constant worries is that the Story Group and/or Dave Filoni will misinterpret what John Mollo (and, to a degree, Nilo Rodis) gave us to work with. He already misinterpreted ISB dude Wulff Yularen in ANH to be a Grand Admiral, hence having him a "mere" Admiral in Clone Wars. When the mistake was pointed out to him, he changed the character's story to be that after the declaration of Empire, Yularen left the Starfleet and joined the newly formed ISB. Now in Rebels he gave us ISB Agent Kallus... not wearing the off-white-with black pants-and-cap uniform we saw in ANH. And now I'm worried about Rebels' season 3. The lighting is so dim I can't tell if he's given Thrawn the correct all-white outfit (even if those "epaulets" look horrid and nothing like the previously-established EU version) or continuing with the misinterpretations and giving him black breeches a la the ISB. Same concern I have with Director Krennic in this film -- it's a traditional "Imperial Starfleet" cut to the jacket, but the off-white color and black breeches is ISB. Oh, dear... And also with Rebels, we now have Wedge being introduced... wearing a Stormtrooper pilot flight suit and helmet. I was hoping more attention would be paid to the EU, there, with the Imperial Starfleet pilot gear we saw in the 181st (albeit with a different helmet).

This is what happens when more than one brain is working on something over time. You get communications breakdowns. *sigh*

--Jonah

Although I appreciate the enthusiasm, this is all very wonky, in the weeds, and I consider myself a huge fan and I have never noticed any of this.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back