Bandai release schedule

To our resident Japanese expert: Does the language have a way to do acronyms? Meaning, are there letters, so they could do a T and an I and an E? Instead of what looks like the word "tie"?

They could've preserved the Latin alphabet and simply written TIE Fighter as "TIEファイター" instead of "タイ・ファイター" as they've used "Xウィング" for their X-wing instead of "エックスウィング" even when either is correct to avoid these embarrassing Google translate flubs.

I stand corrected. Wow. All this time I was blaming the Bandai web designer and it turned out to be a Google algorithm. I guess I better go and Thailand my shoes correctly.:lol

TazMan2000

No biggie, the wonky way Google's code does its translation has produced some quite bizarre conspiracy theories once in a while.

The TIE interceptor and the Clone Trooper in Shizuoka, out of sight and barely legible at the top left corner is the 1/12th scale Battle Droid and STAP.

IMG_2411.jpg

The TIE interceptor and the Clone Trooper in Shizuoka, out of sight and barely legible at the top left corner is the 1/12th scale Battle Droid and STAP.

View attachment 624003

Okay, I wasn't thrilled about the TIE-Int, but daaaaaaaam that looks nice! And the Clonetrooper... sweet! AND we're getting a Battledroid and STAP??? "Kids, you're not going to college after all. I'm sending all our money to Bandai!"

Battle droid and STAP? I was seriously pondering an SH Figuarts Battle Droid to fill that void. Well, forget that!

I wonder if the CT will eventually get a few variations, like the ARC trooper or Heavy weapons...

I wonder if the CT will eventually get a few variations, like the ARC trooper or Heavy weapons...

I think the good news is that the basic Bandai clonetrooper will be a good platform for all sorts of modifications and variations. I'll admit, the one drawback to these kits is that they're so good that they don't require the kind of extensive modifications and surgery that all the old AMT and MPC kits required. More than once I've thought, "Wow. I'm finished, the model looks great, and it didn't take me six months and $50 worth of extra stuff just to make this kit look accurate!" I'm really looking forward to seeing what members do to customize their clones.

View attachment 624003

That Tie Interceptor looks great! Can't wait to get that and the A-Wing to add to my 1/72 collection. I really wish they could release more than one 1/72 model per month. An AT-AT, AT-ST and MF at that scale would be nice...lol

I like how the back drop says "No Photos"...lol... And I really want those 'no scale' mecha collection models... A Y-Wing? Looks like they match in scale to one another. Aren't they suppose to be around 1/144?

Awesome find!

I like how the back drop says "No Photos"...lol... And I really want those 'no scale' mecha collection models... A Y-Wing? Looks like they match in scale to one another. Aren't they suppose to be around 1/144?

Awesome find!

If they're 1/144, those Resistance X-Wings would make a lovely base diorama with the Falcon.

Cool! The Battledroid will come with a blaster (the old AMT kit didn't -- had to scratch one) AND it's engineered to fold into the storage configuration! Niiiiiice. Looks like the Bandai guys were having some fun swapping head with the 3PO figure. I assume that's not a kit, but put the 3PO and the Battledroid sprues in the same box and who knows.

The clonetrooper looks badass. Looks like we get a helmet macrobinocular add-on for the Phase II helmet. If anyone from Bandai is reading this, THANK YOU for catering to fans of the entire saga! More please!

Thanks, Edge10! I was hoping these would show up soon.
Everything looks great!

The clones & droids are encouraging. Maybe some day we'll get a Droideka or a Republic Gunship (1/72 or 1/144)

If they're 1/144, those Resistance X-Wings would make a lovely base diorama with the Falcon.

Or the OG X-Wing and Y-Wing with the Falcon and modified radar dish. My Bandai Falcon has the ESB/ANH dish (I know they are not the same, just referencing the round style). Plus I have two Slave 1's at 1/144... they would all make for some creative dioramas.

Hehehe, I guessed you didn't watch the prequel.

I think you misread me. I know it happened in the movie, but I suspect the Bandai display showing the swap was just kitbashed by some Bandai employees, not an actual kit with a 3Po and a Battledroid (like the R2/R5 or R2/BB-8 double kits).

I think you misread me. I know it happened in the movie, but I suspect the Bandai display showing the swap was just kitbashed by some Bandai employees, not an actual kit with a 3Po and a Battledroid (like the R2/R5 or R2/BB-8 double kits).

Yep. Misunderstood you. There showcase shows the flexibility of there models.

It's nice to see the dedication Bandai has for their products, the SW subjects are in good hands. Now just make them bigger will ya guys? :lol

This looks awesome! Hard to judge size but it looks impressive. Hoping approval goes through.
%20Full%20HD1080p.mkv_snapshot_04.13_2016.05.17_15.33.41_zpsisqvml7y.jpg

%20Full%20HD1080p.mkv_snapshot_04.15_2016.05.17_15.34.18_zpsanrqkmgu.jpg

Sorry but that definitely calls for a:

shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2.jpg

In case you didn't notice the text it says: '"This is a prototype in the planning stage under approval."

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back