WIP: TDK batman!

Started a new project today because...I was bored lol started building batman today and I actually wanna do the full costume so I'm starting with it first. Enjoy! Feedback is greatly appreciated! I'd also love to see some other work! Thanks!

-mason-

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
Started today mainly on the abs. Working on the chest tomorrow and they aren't glued down yet obviously and its not painted..needless to say there's tons of work to be done. But this is the start!

looks like a good start, are you planning on covering it with something additional, or just painting it? i'm interested in seeing more!

looks like a good start, are you planning on covering it with something additional, or just painting it? i'm interested in seeing more!

I'll actually be covering it with a plastic primer first since this particular brand of foam doesn't require the glue or plasti dip method. Thanks for your interest!

- - - Updated - - -

currently working on rebuilding my budget TDK. its rough compared to the other bros' TDK builds but might offer some ideas...

http://www.therpf.com/f24/budget-batman-tdk-re-build-whole-suit-191262/

I've actually looked at yours before! I thought it was a new and pretty awesome way to building different things like this! Excellent work!

Today was a lazy day. Had a lot on my plate today...plus I ran out of paint XD im getting more tomorrow but this is the first layer of primer then paint..image.jpg

Holy cow, that looks fantastic!!!! What are you using to paint it? Would plasti-dip work on that material?

This kinda foam actually doesn't require a ton of expenses which is why I use it haha doesnt require plasti dip but I guess it wouldn't hurt it! And I literally went into my garage and found the first can of black spray paint I could find. Also I used a plastic primer. Just basic plastic primer for like plastic chairs and stuff. Nothin fancy haha one coat of that and then tomorrow I will have the rest of the black paint and even the coat out haha. Thanks a ton for your feedback! And thanks for the kind words!

Sorry it took so long for an update! I had work a lot the past couple days. Either way I'm back! Also I was waiting for my morph suit to come in!! Finally did! image.jpg

Attached the breast plates and the top part of the top layer. I'm gonna leave it grey because I personally think it looks cool haha. The bat symbol kinda cracked through the center when it tried to bend. I'll fix that tomorrow. I have all day tomorrow! Thanks for looking. Tell me what you think!! image.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back