Iron Camelot Hood Helmet from Destiny.

monstermask

Hello
I would like to share with you my next project. IT is my first 3d printed helmet.
Right now I am in printing stage.
This is 3d file
1.jpg

This is what I have printed .
IMG_20161124_220945.jpgIMG_20161128_074947.jpg
Next stage will be gluing it all pieces together, sanding print lines

Your model looks really good, and your print turned out great. I'm looking forward to following your progress on this.

Looks great what printer are you using and what are you using to fill in the print lines.
I do not have 3d printer yet- I use my friend's 3d printer. He has 3 printers and I think He used Prusa with ABS+ material. I did not use bondo to fill print lines- only for gaps.
I just used sandpaper from 80 to 400grid. Only wet sanding but this is first 3d print for me so I am making mistakes etc . I know that I can do it better but after 3 day of sanding by hand I just want to move next step.

small update
IMG_20161214_220514.jpgIMG_20161214_220550.jpgIMG_20161214_220601.jpg
It is also first time for me to use airbrush and vallejo air paints not like before paint in cans(automotive)
After few days I can tell this is very nice and funny work but also a lot of stress . The biggest problem is with airbrush and proportions of paint and flow improver /thinner.
Paint should be like milk but with gold and silver paint is not working like this. Every time when you will block airbrush- cleaning all parts- around 10 minutes .
Also price of paint is MEGA EXTRA BIG :) for 18ml is around 2,5£ when for this price I can of automotive paint.
But the color is better from Vallejo air and also no bad smell and toxic fumes.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back