Resource for Armor

breakfstmachine

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all,

I'm working on a project that requires a mounted suit of armor. Does anyone out there have a good resource for (ahem) off-the-shelf armor? I'm not looking for a perfect replica, but it will be getting a custom paint job and custom mannequin and mounting. I'm looking for a source that is reliable and responsive, above accuracy.

Oh. Any 15th or 16th Century European suit of armor should work for our needs.

Thanks for all your help!
Breakfst Machine

You can try Kult of Athena, they have a decent selection of armor from various eras and parts of the world. You can also just do a general search for armor, plate armor, plat mail, etc., that should yield some results.

Thanks, SMP Designs and Riceball!

I did a general search and found a handful of sources, but just wanted to crosscheck with the RPF's community knowledge. Kult of Athena looks pretty great.

And Costume Armour looks great, too! Some fancy stuff on there, and since we'll be painting it, the price might be perfect. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah I just closed this window by mistake and obliterated my original post... Damnit !!

You can contact your local SCA group... Here is LA it's http://www.sca-caid.org... They will have all of the resources you need including armorers... By "mounted" I assume you mean armor for use on horseback / jousting ? If so, check out the equestrian section https://wp.sca-caid.org/equestrian-guild/

I can also put you in touch with a friend of mine who is a ranked jouster within the "International Jousting League"...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back