Ted Nugent talks drugs, Philip Seymour Hoffman and BRUNO MARS on TMS

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone watch the Saturday night episode of THAT METAL SHOW with Ted Nugent?

Now anyone who knows "uncle Ted", knows he is not one to hold back on his thoughts. He is in your face with his opinions and does not sugar coat anything :lol

Well the subject of drugs came up, and they asked him how he stayed sober and drug free for 65 years, especially having played through the late 60's and 1970's. He then proceeded with his answer...

"I learned at an early age to do this..." (And he proceeded to give the bird in the air)
He said he learned to tell those who wanted to pressure him, to **** OFF!!
"Oh you want me to do something that will make me drool, vomit, and them die? Give me an ice pick and I'll just stab myself in the d***!"

He then said...." We can then go watch a new PSH movie".

He did then turn around and say that PSH was a talent but that he became another Hollywood statistic and that it didn't have to be if he had the balls to just tell people to **** OFF!!!

He then proceeded to talk about who his favorite new bands are:
He loves Green Day, Foo Fighter, but above all HE LOVES BRUNO MARS.

Gotta love Ted!!! :lol
He speaks his mind!

Last edited:
Re: Ted Nugent talks drugs, Philip Seymour Hoffman and sobriety on TMS

Agreed. I also learned early not to do what the "cool" kids were doing, because most of them were idiots.

double post. oops.

Last edited:

We could also go into how Ted's a bigot and a racist, but it's not cool to talk about that. Or how dodged the draft, his illegitimate child(ren)... how his tourmates dispute his "no drugs" claim, the teen groupie he used to watch his kids... etc.

But, yes... Ted rarely holds back and doesn't like to think about what he says. He's an embarrassment and I hope he leaves the country soon, like he promised. It's funny to hear his moralizing rants, when he's one of the last people that should be spouting off about anything - he's a lying hypocrite.

Last edited:

We could also go into how Ted's a bigot and a racist, but it's not cool to talk about that. Or how dodged the, his illegitimate child(ren)... how his tourmates dispute his "no drugs" claim, the teen groupie he used to watch his kids... etc.

But, yes... Ted rarely holds back and doesn't like to think about what he says. He's an embarrassment and I hope he leaves the country soon, like he promised. It's funny to hear his moralizing rants, when he's one of the last people that should be spouting off about anything - he's a lying hypocrite.

He is still entertaining to watch rant about stuff :lol

Anywhoo..... Let's not turn this into a trolling/bash thread. :lol

So he loves Bruno Mars? Uh oh... Who is going start bashing him for that now :lol

Never touched drugs myself, I do not even drink. Didn't care what people thought about it. Maybe getting teased as a kid helps, I was the nerd Trekkie kid called "Mr Spock" for you know, being interested in astronomy, NASA and science. You learn to not care and realize that people that insist you do the "cool" things too generally suck as people. On occasion I had people get angry I would not get drunk with them.

I'll follow Ted to hell on gun rights as far as that portion of his rants are concerned.

I don't see anything wrong with how ted does things and he has the right attitude on a lot. Sadly he also attracts haters and trolls wherever he goes which is the price you pay when you don't bite your tongue. I'm just glad someone in the entertainment industry isn't a suckup but i have to admit his choice of bands is terrible absolutely horrid.

So are half the bands in the 80s sadly thanks to drugs and groupies. I thought he waited til his wife was 18 to go near her though.

Who said i was excusing him? If there's proof then he should be investigated but there has never been anything brought up against him. Hell he's a sheriff's deputy last i heard so you know they background checked him.

I highly doubt that a person who ran around stage wearing a loin cloth and shooting flaming arrows with his guitar was drug and alcohol free.
I also doubt this thread would have been started if Ted had talked about anybody else besides PSH.

Oh i agree he's a bad parent for sure. I think this is a good example of if you have a enough money you can make any issue disappear. Just he didn't make his disappear before they got put out in public. I'm not all that sure why he needed to talk about PSH though, it's been done to death in the media (which might be part of the problem). The poor guy had been clean for so long and got let down by his friends when he was having a weak moment. I don't agree with nugent's take on drug issues having seen what drugs do and how hard it is the get off them. Probably best to let this thread die before we all get a swift kick in the butt.

I highly doubt that a person who ran around stage wearing a loin cloth and shooting flaming arrows with his guitar was drug and alcohol free.
I also doubt this thread would have been started if Ted had talked about anybody else besides PSH.
Correction, I would have started it no matter what he said :lol
He was on fire last night spewing about everything.....
But come on, he LOVES BRUNO MARS ;)

Seriously guys, don't take this thread so serious... Not worth fighting over Ted's views or words... It was just a staring point for anyone who watched That Metal Show last night.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back