Hoth rebel soldier details

Shockbolt

I've used photos from the production of ESB to create 3D models of the Hoth rebel uniform details, 3D model renders seen below:

Rebel hat "Comm piece":

Hoth_rebel_head_piece_01.png

Hoth_rebel_head_piece_02.png

Hoth_rebel_head_piece_03.png

Rebel chest pad:

Hoth_rebel_chest_pad_01.png

Hoth_rebel_chest_pad_02.png

Rebel glove pad:

Hoth_glove_piece_01.png

Hoth_glove_piece_02.png

Rebel vest greeble:

Hoth_vest_greeble_01.png

Hoth_vest_greeble_02.png

Hoth belt grenade:

Hoth_rebel_grenade_01.png

Hoth_rebel_grenade_02.png

I'm currently doing a test 3D print of the hat comm piece at home, using my Ultimaker 2 printer.

Very nice ! :thumbsup Like how the painted part came out.

Are you planning to make the whole costume ?

Very nice ! :thumbsup Like how the painted part came out.

Are you planning to make the whole costume ?

Thank you! I always add weathering and partial damage to my replicas, for my own collection. I think they look more authentic that way compared to something that looks like it just came out of the factory.

I will probably end up printing more of these parts but I'm not sure if I will be making a full Hoth rebel uniform. I got an x-wing pilot uniform and a tie-fighter pilot uniform, and I'd love to make a few other types of pilot uniforms such as A/B/Y-wing pilot uniforms and Bib Fortuna of all characters.

The main reason for making these 3D models is for the fun of doing these types of projects, and to make the parts available to other people through my Shapeways account.

- - - Updated - - -

Old MoM pic. Yours looks dead on. Well done!

View attachment 721715

Thanks! I see the antenna is different in this one, compared to the rectangular style antenna on the comm piece on the prop in the photo I used as reference. Guess they used various parts to put together the same type of props. In the end, viewers wouldn't spot the difference anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Great work!

Many thanks!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back