X-wing 1/72 bandai build and lighting

D@mn!!! That base was looking beyond awesome!! That krap happens to me a lot too, so don't feel too bad. lot of extra work I know but you got that thing in stellar form, exquisite work!!! I alomost want to do that as well, but mine will be a landed version in the ice cave hangar in Echo Base. I just have to figure out how to run all of it of a regulated transformer that plugs in the wall. A Falcon, an Xwing and a snow speeder, plus all the floor and ceiling lights. I'm guessing there are multiport junctions for that but I haven't researched it just yet.
Fine work Socrates!! Absolutely incredible. I'm about to post so pics on my Xwing thread, I got some pico sized LED's from modeltrainsoftware and they're perfect for my landing gear lights and the wires are super tiny, it was a breeze :thumbsup
Aaahhh grrrrrrr ... Juist soldering the last connection then I touched a bunch of fibers..m aaahhhhhhhwwww...
Why do something like this always hapen to me... Pffff... Here we go again..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180210/80e3f28797e95bb8b6b8987ccb4acc0a.jpg

I'm happy to be crazy :)

Pfff fixed it... Tomorrow I will work on weathering.... And still need to paint Luke.

Lights will be blighter when it's on normal 12v. It's now on a 9v battery.

Pffff so happy I got it fixed :)
e91ae0c5671d7f8dfe74372c34220a3c.jpg
23edc79fc61ffc0966b54513256735f5.jpg
6291b873e7e1e982582db163879d3411.jpg
e7f14e45f41914d1311a0b52140bc68b.jpg
4fa2704d6ad6c827317667f28bf22705.jpg

D@mn!!! That base was looking beyond awesome!! That krap happens to me a lot too, so don't feel too bad. lot of extra work I know but you got that thing in stellar form, exquisite work!!! I alomost want to do that as well, but mine will be a landed version in the ice cave hangar in Echo Base. I just have to figure out how to run all of it of a regulated transformer that plugs in the wall. A Falcon, an Xwing and a snow speeder, plus all the floor and ceiling lights. I'm guessing there are multiport junctions for that but I haven't researched it just yet.
Fine work Socrates!! Absolutely incredible. I'm about to post so pics on my Xwing thread, I got some pico sized LED's from modeltrainsoftware and they're perfect for my landing gear lights and the wires are super tiny, it was a breeze :thumbsup
Thanks :) got it fixed now! I'm going to check your post in a few min. Btw.. it's fairly easy to use just one power adapter. Probebly a old 12v adapter you might have somewhere will even be enough for your planned base.. btw that's cool.. I was thinking about maybe doing the same (with a other x-wing) but not Ice base but endor I quit good (if I may say) in billing nature landscapes. I'm going to stay on hoth base/landscape 1/144 scale with the at-at end with x wings t fighters and snowspeeders

Thanks brother! I'll look forward to seeing that, sound very cool. I figure there has to be a junction adapter that has multiple ports to run jumpers to all the components. I've got these built in shelves in the living room wall that are like 3ft wide, 2 ft deep and 16in high, so I won't be able to get a lot in there, but the 3 ships, one of those gantry type things (scratch built) and some floor and ceiling lighting. It'll be good enough to get the effect I think. White chunks of bedding foam cut with an electric turkey slicing knife will serve for the walls, ceiling and back wall, the a piece of that super thin plywood like on the back of a cabinet painted white and that will have all the ceiling lights and crap hanging from it. I'm excited :thumbsup
Thanks :) got it fixed now! I'm going to check your post in a few min. Btw.. it's fairly easy to use just one power adapter. Probebly a old 12v adapter you might have somewhere will even be enough for your planned base.. btw that's cool.. I was thinking about maybe doing the same (with a other x-wing) but not Ice base but endor I quit good (if I may say) in billing nature landscapes. I'm going to stay on hoth base/landscape 1/144 scale with the at-at end with x wings t fighters and snowspeeders

hey man! I'm guessing you finished your x-wing by now, my shapeways stuff is finally on it's way so I'll be able to wrap this one pretty soon. I posted some pics on my thread if ya care to have a look and tell me what you think. be honest though :thumbsup I decided not to run those fibers to the lower fuselage, no need for them if the bird is in the hangar, right?

hey man! I'm guessing you finished your x-wing by now, my shapeways stuff is finally on it's way so I'll be able to wrap this one pretty soon. I posted some pics on my thread if ya care to have a look and tell me what you think. be honest though :thumbsup I decided not to run those fibers to the lower fuselage, no need for them if the bird is in the hangar, right?
Hey good to hear from you.
I have not completely finished my x Wing for done reason wen it's always appraiser done I start something new.. I just came up with some sick idea for a base for my republic star destroyer (see pic.) I just put up my had and started working on it right away.. (btw. My BB republic stay destroyer is also not completely finished.. and I had to fix it because it broke... When getting it together.. that was so painfull I was not enable to touch it for a month I think.. Show you a pic how it looks now... But it's far from finished.

I'll check out your post.. and I'm always honest wich dos not work with women btw.. LoL..... But still I'm am always honest...
abfece0c2fae8787c82d825464da2f85.jpg
92d33917b75fd36cc065ea160647b89c.jpg
1da03c10abbe4401cebbc8404f09d007.jpg
b9a9607b24781b508b642e20df11c807.jpg

please don't take me serious I'm crazy :)

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, it doesn't work with my wife either...women always say, just be honest, but then when you are, it gets you in hot water every time LOL
I have not completely finished my x Wing for done reason wen it's always appraiser done I start something new.. I just came up with some sick idea for a base for my republic star destroyer (see pic.) I just put up my had and started working on it right away.. (btw. My BB republic stay destroyer is also not completely finished.. and I had to fix it because it broke... When getting it together.. that was so painfull I was not enable to touch it for a month I think.. Show you a pic how it looks now... But it's far from finished.

I'll check out your post.. and I'm always honest wich dos not work with women btw.. LoL..... But still I'm am always honest... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/abfece0c2fae8787c82d825464da2f85.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/92d33917b75fd36cc065ea160647b89c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/1da03c10abbe4401cebbc8404f09d007.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/b9a9607b24781b508b642e20df11c807.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

btw, your RSD looks awesome. how big is that one? same scale as the Zevzda ISD?

I'll check out your post.. and I'm always honest wich dos not work with women btw.. LoL..... But still I'm am always honest... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/abfece0c2fae8787c82d825464da2f85.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/92d33917b75fd36cc065ea160647b89c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/1da03c10abbe4401cebbc8404f09d007.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/b9a9607b24781b508b642e20df11c807.jpg

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, it doesn't work with my wife either...women always say, just be honest, but then when you are, it gets you in hot water every time LOL

- - - Updated - - -

btw, your RSD looks awesome. how big is that one? same scale as the Zevzda ISD?
Yes same scale 1:2700 ;) in really have put to much FO's in there... It's closed.. but it did not fully fit so it has to files holes with plastic cards.. (did that today same ad the base) .

The base will be out of scale in total.. But will be mountens and waterfalls lakes and streams, caves and plants (and yes with light).

yes, much FO, very much. I think I had close to 1400 in my ISD using .25mm...what a project that was, nearly 3 months!
Yes same scale 1:2700 ;) in really have put to much FO's in there... It's closed.. but it did not fully fit so it has to files holes with plastic cards.. (did that today same ad the base) .

The base will be out of scale in total.. But will be mountens and waterfalls lakes and streams, caves and plants (and yes with light).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back